ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Restoring/Protecting Black Plastic Trim

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Essentially im looking for something that will keep the black bits black - currently use Turtle Wax tyre gel, which does work, but not for very long lol. Im not a detailer (by any stretch of the imagination), but i will be cleaning the GP every couple of weeks & doing the black bits adds a good 20-25 mins, which i cant be bothered with really.

As you can see, ALOT of black plastic. Arches, side skirts, front/rear bumpers.

BFDC7DBC-4353-4E7D-AB67-06394A8077A9-5794-000005BF2D456705_zpsdc81fd22.jpg

​Thoughts appreciated.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Carpro Dlux. Sticky has the discount code mate. :)

That or Gtechniq C4. On the mini's ignore everything else.

Oh and 1 tip, Dave. Prep is key. Follow the s**t to the letter and you'll go 12 months without re-applying the plastic.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
You already have your answer :)

Never noticed the awkward join between wheel arch and bumper on he GP compared to a Normal S

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I tried C4 on the wife's corsa and I must have done it wrong because it hardly did anything!

I followed the info guide?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Carpro Dlux. Sticky has the discount code mate. :)

That or Gtechniq C4. On the mini's ignore everything else.

Oh and 1 tip, Dave. Prep is key. Follow the s**t to the letter and you'll go 12 months without re-applying the plastic.

C4 FTW. As above.

C4 or DLUX it is then lol. When you say prep, what else will i need, assume its to do with cleaning the surfacing before applying?

Links to product/guides would be much appreciated x

Never noticed the awkward join between wheel arch and bumper on he GP compared to a Normal S

Yup, is because there's no 'black plastic trim' on the GP's front bumper.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Clean thoroughly with an all purpose cleaner, then use IPA or panel wipe to remove any remaining oils or grease etc

If you buy enough, you can used the above mentioned products on wheels also to resist 99.9% of brakedust