ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Result

Black 172 Sport
Just won 2 auctions on fleabay, first one was for a 182 front bumper (with grills) £62 and the second was the rear 182 bumper £30 :D :D :D :D :D :D

Got to go and pick them up from Stoke but hey can't win them all.

Just gotta source some wings and skirts and 182 looky like here we come :D

Thought that was a right bargain for the bumpers especially with the grills on the front.

Oh and i gotta get them sprayed, but a friend of mine should hopefully do them cheap.

Seen the 182 rear exhaust for a 1.2 should do the job don't you think. EXHAUST

Chocolate Bar™
k-tec themselves doubt that will fit the recesses, so go to someone like powerflow. then paint the pipes black so they dont stick out so much when the car is parked up.

less of the negative comments about stoke an all. pop round if your bored ;)

Da

Less
wings aren't that dear from a dealer you know. Would then just need the skirts mate.

Black 172 Sport
Daz_2427 said:
wings aren't that dear from a dealer you know. Would then just need the skirts mate.

Never thought of getting them from the dealer, always thought they would charge big bucks !!!!

Might have to have a look. Not in any major rush, got the bumpers now. Got a holiday in 3 weeks so will have a look at the wings when i get back.

Black 172 Sport
Middo said:
k-tec themselves doubt that will fit the recesses, so go to someone like powerflow. then paint the pipes black so they dont stick out so much when the car is parked up.

less of the negative comments about stoke an all. pop round if your bored ;)

Does the 182 exhaust stick out alot then ? thought it sat flush (ish) with the bumper. Painting them black sounds cool though.

Wasn't being negative about Stoke, just a 3 hour journey there and 3 hours back. But popping in for a cuppa might ease the pain ;)

Chocolate Bar™
damutz said:
Does the 182 exhaust stick out alot then ? thought it sat flush (ish) with the bumper. Painting them black sounds cool though.

Wasn't being negative about Stoke, just a 3 hour journey there and 3 hours back. But popping in for a cuppa might ease the pain ;)

lol - where and when you coming?

k-tec make it to replicate the orignal 182, not to replace it so it may not be the right height/size to fill the holes. which is why your best getting a custom one made so it fits right. then the connecting pipes that run from the left across to the middle could be sprayed black to stop them being so visible.

Da

Less
damutz said:
Never thought of getting them from the dealer, always thought they would charge big bucks !!!!

They are about £65 each inc VAT mate, but not sure whether they come primed for painting or not.

Chocolate Bar™
fold your seats down and you should be alright :)

i managed to squeeze an interior in the back, so it should be possible

Black 172 Sport
I managed to get a whole 3 series interior in the other week and drive over to Heathrow then drive back with another interior :dead:

Had a rear bench stuck in the side of my head for over an hour !!!

Black 172 Sport
Middo said:
its always fun trying to cram it all in though :)

It was like the bloody Krypton Factor trying to squeeze it all in !!

Someone tell me i got a right bargain with these bumpers please, tell me that its worth travelling all the way to Stoke to pick them up. Did i mention the front bumper comes with grills ? :rasp:

Chocolate Bar™
you did mention it comes with grilles. in your first post lol

tis a good buy, and a nice drive to a lovely part of the country ;)

Black 172 Sport
How easy is it to fit the wings and bumpers ? Will it be better to leave this to the professionals ?

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
damutz said:
How easy is it to fit the wings and bumpers ? Will it be better to leave this to the professionals ?

Peice of piss mate, just a few bolts and some he-man strength and balls while ripping the old ones off. You need the skirts too, as they join at the bass of the wings. Have a look at a picture of a 182/172 then compare to your wings and you'll see what I mean. I would wait till you have them to fit.

Black 172 Sport
Yeah gonna wait until i have the wings and skirts before i do anything. Will get the bumpers sprayed ready. Its a mare gonna have the bumpers and can't put them on as the front needs wings and skirts and the rear needs the exhaust.

AAAAAAARRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH !!!

So near yet so far !!