ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Resurrected my phase 1

Ph 1 172, Focus 1.6
After 2 years of looking at my phase 1 sitting on the drive I thought it was about time to get it sorted and back on the road.

I've owned it for 4 years and it was my daily drive until I got a company car. I couldn't face the thought of selling it so it sort of got left on the drive and wasn't touched, always with intention that one day it'll be back. Well that was this January. I handed it to my cousin to sort thinking it just needs a service, cambelt and MOT and I'd be back having some weekend fun in no time. How wrong was I. I got a phone call from my cousin who basically said time hasn't been kind to it, sell it cheap as a fixer upper or fix it and keep it, well I went for the second option.

So the list of work that has been done is. (All genuine renault parts or uprated)

New front and rear shocks
New brembo discs and pads all round
New off side rear calliper
New handbrake cables
Second hand rear beam from a 33000 mile 182
172 cup bottom arms
New ball joints
Powerflex ARB bushes
Powerflex wishbone bushes
Vibratecnics engine mount
New bonnet release and cable
New set of injectors
New HT leads
New battery
Cam belt and aux belt changed
Full service and all new fluids.
Number plate light plug and lense.
Clutch pedal fixed
New washer jet motor.

I think that's it, the car was already on a set of sportlines as was the exhaust and decat. She flew through the mot last week and is now stronger than ever. All I need to do now is refurb the wheels and sort a bit of paint out on the front bumper and the steering wheel needs a retrim.

I now drive it at least twice a week, leaving a car standing really is no good for it at all. I'm so glad I didn't sell it.
4257187B-0088-4A6F-A6F2-CC117C5776BC.jpg

1CC65D9D-D4F6-4093-A60E-4C9D95408F1B.jpg

B59FA8CE-9614-4656-9756-E0FBAA46B30F.jpg

2014 Clio 200t edc
Hey john. Good to see it back on the road, sad to see it sat there!! Was tempted to make you an offer on it at one point.

Ph 1 172, Focus 1.6
Hey john. Good to see it back on the road, sad to see it sat there!! Was tempted to make you an offer on it at one point.
Cheers Piers. It's good to have it back on the road. It's probably healthier now than ever before.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Good to see you back in a clio as well Piers, last time I'd heard you were in a Saab.
God yeah, thanks!! I loved that Saab to be honest, but missed my 182 too much. My new one isn't much to look at but it will be. Nothing like yours of course!!