ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Returning parts, helped needed. Dealer maybe?

Hi

First off, sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Basically whilst up in Preston over christmas I bought some new brake pads, but it turned out they were not needed, and I live near Banbury. Do you think it would be ok to return the parts to the Banbury Renault. I am asking on here as I'm finding it hard to get hold of them and don't want to run a 30 mile round trip for no reason! And definatley don't want to do a 300 mile round trip to preston!

Also paid for them in cash, so would they refund in cash, or do it by card?

Any help would be great.

Ad

I do, is within the 28 days. Only reason I ask is that although they are both Renault Main Dealers, the Preston one has Co-operative Motor Group on it, like a franchise? And the Banbury one is Jaybee Motor franchise.

So how is it their fault that you bought a part that you don't actually need and another independent company wouldn't take them back?

Your best bet is to speak to the selling dealer explaining the situation and ask if you were to send them back would they credit them. If they agree send them on a courier or recorded post.

Oh I'm not saying it is their fault that I bought the parts and then they were not needed! Just find the system a bit stupid as I am a Franchisee Account Manager and our franchisees take back goods bought from any other franchisee or company owned store no problem, just can't see why a worlwide company such as Renault work in such a difficult way.

It also not the first issue I have had with such dealership, and have no respect for them whatsoever.

If you deal in a similar system you should appreciate how it works then. It's no different to taking a tin of dulux paint back to B&Q that you bought at Wickes. It's the same product from the same manufacturer but you've bought it from two different dealerships owned by two separate companies.

Your local dealer may offer to take it back but there's no obligation to and it will cost him money to do so as he's effectively buying a part from you at retail that he can buy from Renault at cost. Surely you can understand why they wouldn't want to, especially when it's a result of your mistake and they have played no part in it.

Yes I do appreciate how the system works, It's a case of goods are refunded to customer, then said franchise is refunded for customers returned goods. Maybe there system is different, I do not know how theirs would work, and I also appreciate it isn't their fault that I bought the parts and they were not needed.

At the end of the day, they are all Renault dealerships and represent the Renault brand and should want to help customers out as much as possible, but when you get a no, without any consideration whatsoever you feel as if they couldn't give a rats a** about customers. Not to mention this is the same Renault dealership that tried to skank me out of £1500 when looking to buy a 200 and scraped the front wing of my 172 when it went in for a service, and would not admit liability costing me to get it resprayed.

Anyway I didn't raise the issue to start a rant dude, just wanted a quick answer which is what I got.

Let's run this by you for illustrative purposes. Company A buys part off Renault at £80 then sells to you at £100 you then ask company B to take said part back, refunding you £100. If they then return said part to Renault assuming no handling charge is applied then they will get back £80 leaving them £20 out of pocket.

Not sure what school of business you come from but no matter how helpful a company might be they won't want to be out of pocket for the sake of keeping you happy when you've not made a purchase from them.

Selling dealer is the way to go. If you were referring to two dealers in the same group, be it Arnold Clark, Sytner etc they might take it back at another branch as there's no financial penalty involved but you've already stated they're two separate entities.