ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Returning with a 197

M135i
Well thought i better make a thread after attending the festival yesterday..

Haven't been a frequent poster for many years since i had my old mk3 non sport, but i have returned back to clio ownership recently.

Anyway picked the car up a couple of months ago after searching for a little while will only be used as a second car with the intention of a few trackdays and a trip to the ring next month.

Car is :

GW 197 with cup pack and recaro's

Some pics

When i first picked it up after a cleaning session

a18e9c34a6195d4882cea95269cae40f.jpg

bd2d3a4e1087473b3bb00ff62884dcaf.jpg

c62c6b807e815167260b621f3454d07c.jpg

And as it sat yesterday after a little fettling to get it there which involved the following

New toyo manifold (original one was blowing)
Powerflex engine mount inserts (to compensate the lack of flexi in the new manifold)
Rear seats removed
New headunit for iphone connection
Renaultsport wheel insert
Black badges
Matt black sunstrip
Federal 595 RSR tyres

6bd40a481b73d5e865c6d04e284262ba.jpg

24448c2e162a4027f0de40b401435587.jpg

94020a06b67c0590cb512d052383b5ac.jpg

Was really impressed with the car on track yesterday and was also my first time on track and I'm totally hooked now

Not sure on anymore plans for it just maintain it and enjoy it

M135i
What session were you on? I think I recall seeing this in the morning?

It looks very well though! How did you find the tyres?

I was morning session i remember seeing you out there, don't think we came across each other on the track though.

I was really impressed with the tyres, so much grip! Would recommend about the cheapest semi slick option too!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I was morning session i remember seeing you out there, don't think we came across each other on the track though.

I was really impressed with the tyres, so much grip! Would recommend about the cheapest semi slick option too!

Ah! Yes! I remember! I was a few corners behind but I think there was a flag before I could catch up. You were the only white mk3 out weren't you?

How much did you get them for out of curiosity?

I paid £75 each for 225/45/17 Nankang ns2rs. I wanted the RSRs but I bought a set of wheels with two ns2rs already fitted so went this way instead.

What brakes are you running too?

M135i
Ah! Yes! I remember! I was a few corners behind but I think there was a flag before I could catch up. You were the only white mk3 out weren't you?

How much did you get them for out of curiosity?

I paid £75 each for 225/45/17 Nankang ns2rs. I wanted the RSRs but I bought a set of wheels with two ns2rs already fitted so went this way instead.

What brakes are you running too?

I think i was the only white mk3 yes

The rsr were £68 each from oponeo in 215/45/17

I was going to get ns2r but these were cheaper and had been recommended, how did you find the ns2r?

Brakes as far as im aware are standard brembo discs and pads just what came on the car but i had no problems with them at all held up really well

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I think i was the only white mk3 yes

The rsr were £68 each from oponeo in 215/45/17

I was going to get ns2r but these were cheaper and had been recommended, how did you find the ns2r?

Brakes as far as im aware are standard brembo discs and pads just what came on the car but i had no problems with them at all held up really well

Not too much of a price difference then. I think I'll give the RSRs a go next when the nankangs die as I loved them on pacmans car last year.

I loved them, it took many laps to overheat them and a bit of left foot braking to persuade the rears to let go lol.

Ah great! If you fancy a change though, the ds2500s are epic.

M135i
Not too much of a price difference then. I think I'll give the RSRs a go next when the nankangs die as I loved them on pacmans car last year.

I loved them, it took many laps to overheat them and a bit of left foot braking to persuade the rears to let go lol.

Ah great! If you fancy a change though, the ds2500s are epic.

Ive been eyeing up ds2500, nobody seems to have a bad word for them

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Really nice that mate, looked really good on track! Were you the one that came over and asked us if we knew the best tyre PSI to use on your car?

M135i
Really nice that mate, looked really good on track! Were you the one that came over and asked us if we knew the best tyre PSI to use on your car?

Thanks! It wasn't me personally maybe my mates that i let prep my car while i was in the briefing, i apologise if they were idiots haha

M135i
It might be because I murdered the standard brembo pads at oulton, I wasn't even pushing it and was getting ridiculous judder! But the ds2500s are night and day and perfect for what I need.

I did get a little judder at one point when they got too hot but i came in and let it cool down for a little while and they were fine after.

M135i
Started reading then noticed this picture.. I thought I'm sure that street looks familiar, then I seen Margaret's shop (think that's what it's called) on corner :smile:.

Anyway nice car, looks well in white.

ahh good sport it is! are you local?

Teg
Fairly local yes pal.. Many years ago I went to Dearne valley college and I used to give a lad a lift who lived near that shop.