ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rev counter

anyone put a rev counter on an old 1.2 clio? built in or freestanding? which type? what did you wire it to?

what can i safely take it to? was thinking about 5 or 6k?

the MASSIVE fuel gauge is handy but isnt very interesting to look at

any pics, info or prices appreciated

James

megane coupe F7R

My dad put a rev counter in a 1.2 clio. He got a new set of clocks out of a ren 19. Not sure what he conected to what though. It is possible.

A rev counter used to work by current sensing off the negative terminal of the coil, guess its something similar on the coil packs but not sure.

i fitted one to my kitcar using the -ve side of the coil but that was carbed not injection, just wondered if injection was the same set up?

are all the clocks the same size in the clio and 19 ranges?

megane coupe F7R

Yeh, the clocks are the same i think. My dad either gotem out a 19 or an old 21. I cant remember. He put them in a 1.2 RN.

Depends on Phase etc..

I had to get my 1.4S dials rev counter converted to work with the eDIS module on the 1.2 Mk1 Phase3 (DIET engine).. if its a Mk1 Phase1/2, I believe its a straight swap from say an RT/16v etc..