ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reversing Lights not working

RB 182 FF,1.2 16V
Hi,
The reversing lights on my Clio started working only intermittently a few weeks ago & now they've stopped working altogether.
I understand that a new reversing lights switch (which screws into the left side of the gearbox) switch is required.
Has anybody on here done this job?
If so approximately how much gearbox oil is lost when the switch is screwed out of the casing & exactly what type (grade) of oil is needed to top it back up again?

Cheers

75w-90 or 75w-80 gear oil.

You will loose as much as you allow out, undo it applying inward pressure, once done super fast switch them round or stick your finger in the hole.

Tbh if you have no record of gear oil change i would just drop the oil, change the switch then refill with fresh.

You probably know but this is where its located on a mk2 (looking in through passenger wheel arch).

The green plug with the wire coming from it

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQE28IWrMs-wgYv2qsjDJxnM9RJZl_DMSIzVjiYkSrT9K7tnMp2.jpg