ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Revisiting old games

Bug

Megane rs250
Pokemon is another game I've put countless hours into!

Yeah I had a few hours on the modified version flora sky got a few new ones in there hadnt played any since the original red but it was similar but with newer things worth a go

Mito Sportiva 135
Relic missed a trick with that, imo. Rather than having a handful of squads that became increasingly powerful - they should have used the base building and progression from their sibling game, Company of Heroes.

The core engine and game mechanics from CoH, married with the WH40K setting? That would have been a MUCH better game than the DoW series was. Which wasn't bad, but it could have been far superior.

D.

I liked Dark Crusade a lot more than the core game with the meta map and upgrading your commander, would love to see that sort of system brought back should they make another sequel.

Your commander got more powerful and you got veteran units for capturing territory, but they should have been upgradable too and levelled up with experience, but if they died they were gone forever (thinking an X-Com style risk vs reward system).

Speaking of which, as also playing through Enemy Within again, if they made a next gen version I'd probably buy a new console to play it on ASAP!

Nissan 350z
I picked up Dragonage:Origins complete edition on the Steam sale at the weekend and going through that again. First playthrough was on the 360 with minimal DLC but not on the PC with all the DLC im deffinately appreciating it more this time around :)

Mito Sportiva 135
I picked up Dragonage:Origins complete edition on the Steam sale at the weekend and going through that again. First playthrough was on the 360 with minimal DLC but not on the PC with all the DLC im deffinately appreciating it more this time around :)

Dragon Age was AMAZING. I hope the new one is good too, the second was awful!

55 Clio 182, C2 VTS
roadrash-title-screen-sega.jpeg

25290.png

It is now my life's mission to find an emulator for the above games.

Both of these are available on: http://game-oldies.com

lol, its where I have been playing them :) Though I preferred Jungle Strike :p

55 Clio 182, C2 VTS
Then there was Urban Strike... lol I loved these games :p

*I've just bid on a SNES version of Jungle Strike on E-bay* :eek:

Goliath I
What was the name of that old PC Strategy game, where you were a few marines/army guys, each with their own talent?

Goliath I
No, wasn't Cannon Fodder. It was World War 2 based (I think) and you had three men, each with their own skills. You'd have objectives like blow up a bridge or kill someone. It was rock hard too, but real good fun to play.

A shiny black one.
No, wasn't Cannon Fodder. It was World War 2 based (I think) and you had three men, each with their own skills. You'd have objectives like blow up a bridge or kill someone. It was rock hard too, but real good fun to play.

Heroes of world war 2?

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404

Commandos?

Goliath I
STRBramley

I think I remember the demo, didnt you have to slit some guys throat, hide him then get on a dingy?

Was a ling time ago lol

Last edited:

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
STRBramley

I think I remember the demo, didnt you have to slit some guys throat, hide him then get on a dingy?

Was a ling time ago lol

Yeah that's the one! I'm definitely downloading that game in the morning haha. Maybe this time I'll last more than 5 seconds before I'm spotted.

DCi
Yes! Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines

Loved it, was bloody rock hard

I revisited that one a while ago and technology had obviously moved on because all the whole game was like fast forward mode, the German soldiers were patrolling at 100mph everywhere!