ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Richer Sounds 6 Year Warranty

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone had any experience of dealer with Richer Sounds for any warranty work? I haven’t purchased anything yet but I like the sound of the 6 year deal. The reason I ask is that our 50” Sony Bravia we purchased from Curry’s has broken after just 22 months and we didn’t take out any extended warranty.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Quite a few of the TVs at currys come with a free 5 years warrenty, worth popping into a store and asking them to check.

Reactions: Ben
  Civic type r fk8
Never claimed on mine but there customer service is good ,also John Lewis do five year warranty .

Mec 350 slk manual
John lewis is the best with there 5 year warranty if your tv gets broken they will come out and put a new tv in it place

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone had any experience of dealer with Richer Sounds for any warranty work? I haven’t purchased anything yet but I like the sound of the 6 year deal. The reason I ask is that our 50” Sony Bravia we purchased from Curry’s has broken after just 22 months and we didn’t take out any extended warranty.

Got my LG from there and it died after 3 years. Claimed under sale of goods act (now consumer rights act) as unfit for purpose and they still fixed it for free!

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers all, I went in to Currys this morning so they could bring up my order as I had lost my receipt. Unfortunately the TV wasn't covered by the 5 year warranty and is now not covered, @realnumber 1 who did you contact about your TV and what was the process? I should expect my TV to last longer than 22 months so I'm going to go down the Consumer Rights Act if I can!

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
richer sounds are the best easily. 6 year warranty, will price match any other company's cheap price and ACTUALLY know about TV's and AV equipment. In terms of their warranty they are just as good as john Lewis in terms of no quibbles when it comes to warranties.

One thing I would say to anyone buying anything expensive with a reasonably long guarantee, is to photocopy your receipt - these new receipts that are created by 'burning' the paper (rather than printing with ink like the old inkjet printers did) fade as time passes, so your receipt might end up a blank sheet of paper! lol

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
One thing I would say to anyone buying anything expensive with a reasonably long guarantee, is to photocopy your receipt - these new receipts that are created by 'burning' the paper (rather than printing with ink like the old inkjet printers did) fade as time passes, so your receipt might end up a blank sheet of paper! lol
richer sounds email you the receipt too, lol

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve got a few dead pixels on the TV I purchased from Richer Sounds but they’re passing me straight on to Sony (less than a year old). Is this the norm?

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
I’ve got a few dead pixels on the TV I purchased from Richer Sounds but they’re passing me straight on to Sony (less than a year old). Is this the norm?

yes. if it's a manufacturers warranty they will send you to them first, before the richer sounds warranty starts.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
I had an issue recently which means my tv needs replacing, richer sounds sent out a third party repair company and didn't realise my tv was only a year old and after over a month of having a not fully working tv, they have now got in touch with the manufacturer and told me to LIE if it's been opened before by anyone else (IE the engineer they sent before).

I will not lie and be part of any fraud due to their incompetence!

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182

It is but I think it’s also down to them to manage the repair for you if you want them too.