ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Right, I'm about to have an engine swap..

Clio 182 FF
As title says, but my timing belt kit and aux kit is going to be used from my old engine as it has only done around 600 miles. what tools shall i make sure this garage has to perform my engine swap and change the cam & aux belt kit over from my last engine? any help would be much appreciated.

FF Clio 182
As title says, but my timing belt kit and aux kit is going to be used from my old engine as it has only done around 600 miles. what tools shall i make sure this garage has to perform my engine swap and change the cam & aux belt kit over from my last engine? any help would be much appreciated.

Getting a new engine put in my car the Cambelt on the new engine has only done 10K but I still putting a new one on as it will only cost parts if the engine is out. Peace of mind more than anything :)

Clio 182 FF
Suppose its a good idea but Mines not even done 1k miles yet, seseems stupid putting fresh on when the ones one are practically new?

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
No, seems stupid not changing the belt kit whilst the engine's out, regardless of mileage/age of the current belt.

Clio 182 FF
No the dephaser wasn't changed. Right so you think using a cam belt kit with only 600 miles on it is a bad idea?

FF Clio 182
No, seems stupid not changing the belt kit whilst the engine's out, regardless of mileage/age of the current belt.

If the dephaser hasn't been done then get all the belts and dephaser done. Like I said who ever does them will probably only charge for parts as they simple if the engine is out.

I having full belt kit, dephaser, aux kit and whilst it is out put a new clutch on it as like I said it only cost of parts. Get all that done and you will be mechanically sound for 5 years