ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Right, someone explain...

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
... how the f**k iTunes came from the same company that made such great things such as the iPhone, Macbook, OSX etc.

Nobody has a good word to say about it, ever. It's always being a dick.

E.G tonight, I have an MP3 file. I drag it into iTunes and it add's it. Top banana! I have another MP3 file, try the same thing. It does nothing. Look in my library, it's not there. Okay, I click File > Add to Library. The browse box pops open, i select the file and click "Choose".

The box disappears, but doesn't add the file. Typical iTunes.

Another thing that my iTunes does, I'll put a CD in and add to my library, or drag and drop an album that's a bunch of MP3's on my drive. It'll add it alright, but it'll add every track at least 3 times.

Again, typical.

/shitrantpreparingforflame.

Another thing that my iTunes does, I'll put a CD in and add to my library, or drag and drop an album that's a bunch of MP3's on my drive. It'll add it alright, but it'll add every track at least 3 times.

Again, typical.

/shitrantpreparingforflame.

iTunes > Preferences > Advanced > Untick "copy files to iTunes media folder when adding to library"

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Okay then, how do I add this MP3 file to iTunes?

Don't steal True story off me.

iTunes > Preferences > Advanced > Untick "copy files to iTunes media folder when adding to library"

Tried this, it still feels the need to add everything a random amount of times. I think the most is 6 copies of each track. Then again it doesn't always do it now since the last update.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Yep, I'm better than most with it. I have an anal obsession with making sure every album has it's artwork and is organised correctly. And when it works yes, it's pretty good and syncing makes things too easy.

It's just when it f**ks up it does my nut in! It's not being stupid, it's software f**king up. Revels has his willy too deep in Steve Jobs to realise this iirc?

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I've never had an issue with iTunes apart from it crashing every so often but I really do like it.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
None of these are helping me get an obscure dubstep track on my iTunes.

3899953986_382a73a5a0.jpg

A red missile
^^^ rofllllz

Only stupid people struggle with iTunes.

If you have a double figure IQ, it's fine.

True story.

flol, scarily close to what I thought, mine was if your IQ is bigger than your shoesize - pushing it for a lot of CS I know :)

E36 328
Why is it??

Its a music player
It plays music
Mine has never locked up, the songs are exactly where I want them the perfect number of times and it adds the music I want, when I tell it to.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Apple didn't actually write the original iTunes, they purchased another company and rebranded Soundjam MP.....

I've never had a problem with iTunes although for whatever reason it seems to lead even the most logical thinking people to confusion.

Rav4
I struggle, I quite dislike iTunes for music and videos.

For backing up the iPhone I think it's superb.

I have a high IQ, fact.

Off topic, nice avatar pic, like the apple logo.

Only stupid people struggle with iTunes.

If you have a double figure IQ, it's fine.

True story.

A red missile
I think it's quite funny that the people who say is iTunes is perfect, superb, etc. haven't got a clue how to help you with your problem.

No, we need a real genius to help out someone that appears to barely be able to cut his own food, maybe you'll be his knight in shining armour?

I used to just let it get on with doing WTF it liked and it fucked me off when it didn't do what I thought it should.

Start reading up on how things work and it all falls into place and suddenly it's nowhere near as bad. Ping and Genius can f**k off though, I've no use for them.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Im hardly a PC noob as I work on and with them all day every day and my opinion is that itunes is s**te, I only use it coz I have to.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I think you're adding the playlist file as well as the original mp3 files, hence you're ending up with duplicates.

If I have a single song I want to add, I just drag/drop into 'Music' on the LHS of iTunes. It copies, et voila, it's in the library. Never seen the point of the file>import>add>blah>blah

No idea why people have issues with it. It's simples, like meercat.

The day I become the world's richest man, I'm going to buy Microsoft and rename it Orange, and make it even more obviously s**t. The phone company can go to hell.

Oh yeah, iTunes - its always been perfect for me with my huge(ish) library and podcasts, and films etc - never had any problems at all. I am one of the ubercool mac gang though, so I'm going to say that.

What?

F**k off and lol.

Last edited:
  2014 Focus Titanium
If iTunes could be hotlinked to a folder and there was an equaliser when playing music with the ability for installing add ons i would be a much happier person. Since it can't (that I know of), it's s**t.

A red missile
The day I become the world's richest man, I'm going to buy Microsoft and rename it Orange, and make it even more obviously s**t. The phone company can go to hell.

Oh yeah, iTunes - its always been perfect for me with my huge(ish) library and podcasts, and films etc - never had any problems at all. I am one of the ubercool mac gang though, so I'm going to say that.

What?

F**k off and lol.

This to be honest and I'm definately not one of the ubercool Mac gang, in fact I hate the damn things, but iTunes performs flawlessly as far as I'm concerned.

german
It works fine bar the odd little annoyance

e.g. Put CD in > copy to iTunes > download album cover > hmm nothing happens > switch to different album view > download album cover > works fine
e.g Do you want to consolidate tracks > "yes" > hmm still shows as 3 x same albums > switch to different view > consolidate > shows as one album

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I think you're adding the playlist file as well as the original mp3 files, hence you're ending up with duplicates.

If I have a single song I want to add, I just drag/drop into 'Music' on the LHS of iTunes. It copies, et voila, it's in the library. Never seen the point of the file>import>add>blah>blah

No idea why people have issues with it. It's simples, like meercat.

That's what I've been doing. Do you take me for a complete moron?

Don't answer that.

Ibiza FR
Where did you get the mp3 file from? Could be a corrupt/incomplete/crappy mp3 file which iTunes doesn't like? This seems to be the only thing that has stopped music going into my iTunes before :)

2014 Focus Titanium
If iTunes could be hotlinked to a folder and there was an equaliser when playing music with the ability for installing add ons i would be a much happier person. Since it can't (that I know of), it's s**t.

No one care to help me? Oh wait, iTunes can't do this, therefore it's w**k!