ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ring trip 2011 - with an unusual twists and some randoms events...

Gutted for you, at least you had a good time despite the crash though.

Cretins like lbrench make me laugh. He got no sympathy because he openly admitted to driving like a t**t on various occasions, but can't understand when others get some sympathy. Brilliant.

AG 200 cup
Gutted about the car, could have been alot worse and wish I had nothing to do mid week and go on a drive to the ring.

Fiesta ST-3
As said, you weren't hurt... neither was the other fella. The car is just a bit of metal that can be replaced, so good on you for enjoying your weekend.

Bad times but you're ok bud so that's a relief. Even I can't help with your paint work this time ;) hoping all is well mate.

Your recovery guy is the same bloke who recovered my mates Evo on Monday...

IMG_0327.jpg

Evo 5 RS
lol ^

You're a nut case going on your own! Even though you wrote the Civic off it sounds like a proper good trip! Random as fcuk!!! LOL

I passengered in my mates Evo 7 and we got round Adenauer Forst and then applied some power onto the straight before the back end kicked out, tried to correct it but slid across the tarmac, grass and into the barrier :( Marshalls were called, the car was recovered and my mate was taken to the office where he was told he had damaged 32m of barrier and 9 posts, totalling 3,400 Euro's (approx £3k). I had to lend him £2k. Bad times. His car is probably a write off. It used to look like this...

254612_10150257764361957_672861956_7996678_7421987_n.jpg

That side (near side) is now smashed. We had the barrier my side and my head hit the side window, but we were ok.

I passengered in my mates Evo 7 and we got round Adenauer Forst and then applied some power onto the straight before the back end kicked out, tried to correct it but slid across the tarmac, grass and into the barrier :( Marshalls were called, the car was recovered and my mate was taken to the office where he was told he had damaged 32m of barrier and 9 posts, totalling 3,400 Euro's (approx £3k). I had to lend him £2k. Bad times. His car is probably a write off. It used to look like this...

That side (near side) is now smashed. We had the barrier my side and my head hit the side window, but we were ok.

I remember seeing it, cant miss it with the wheels :)

Gutted for him mate.

Update from insurance company -

They asked me last week off record if i thought it was worth bringing back to the UK due to costs etc, i said i wouldnt bother as i know you will right it off.

So they have sent an engineer over i think, or got one from there, cant remember, he will assess and then make a decisions on recovery or total loss.

I kinda want it back in the UK tho, as i want the seats :) LOL

Updates as and when they happen :)

Does the track not have insurance to cover things like this seems a bit harsh to me.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Does the track not have insurance to cover things like this seems a bit harsh to me.

So you pay your £35 to do a lap, and come off causing £3000 worth of damage to the track and closing the track meaning others aren't spending their £35.

Theres probably at least 15 people a week that do this. (I went for 4 days and 4 cars just at our hotel tore the place up! lol)

No inurance company in the world would touch that! lol.

Charged Superleggera
Looked like an awesome trip mate though unlucky about the car. Glad you and the other boy got out ok though.

Insurance update - Collection has been authorised and its back on its way to the UK as we speak, should be here tomorrow or Friday, then it gets assesed and they will make a decison on wether to fix or not.

On another note, my mate crashed his brand new M3 at the weekend on the ring as well :(

yeh im fine, i was more worried about the other car to be honest.

The police fined me £170, and said i could probably get it back but i said i dont want it back and to give it to the other guy as he had a new born baby so was more worth while going to him than me.

172, Tiguan
I know that piece of road very well and know exactly the complex of corners before that straight where the car ended up. Did the car you hit come off better?

Good to see you remaining positive mate, what will be will be and this is why they are called accidents :) Very surprised they're dragging the car back though.

I knew you would know :) ive done that road god knows how many times, but abit to much speed and lack of sleep didnt help. I was coming back away from adenau toward the hotel. The other car looked like this -

IMG_0326.jpg

Im surprised they are as well mate, but hopefully i get to buy it back and then i get my seats and engine, then who knows :)

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
One hell of a trip that!
Shame about the accident . Makes a decent anecdote though.

Shame about the car, looked a good trip apart from that.

Engine/gearbox into an RS Clio? The ultimate hot hatch ;)

Email recieved from insurance company this afternoon, car confirmed as total loss, and given a figure for payout - gets paid by BACS within 7 working days

Head to India tomorrow with work for 3 weeks so will be looking for a new car when i get back :)