ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Road Angel 2 Laser Module

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Just to let you all know the front mounted laser module in the Road Angel 2 DOES indeed work.

Having owned this unit for months and months and never been lasered I was yesterday morning on the M4. Was doing 78mph overtaking a arctic when lasered, all I heard was this almight scream from the RA2... "LASER! CHECK SPEED"

I stabbed the brakes and dropped to 71, incidcated in front of the arctic and carried on driving, with the RA2 was still lit up as I came past a well marked Vauxhall Omega Police Car with all the laser equipment out on one of their observation decks.

This was between Junctions 13 and 12 of the M4 going East bound.

I carried on my journey, didnt get pulled or anything.

Thank you Road Angel. Fooking good bit of kit.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Oh forgot to say, he lasered me from about 3/4 of a mile away... couldnt see him when the Road Angel went off.

Yeah ive got one aswell theyre awesome.

Never been lasered but gotta a mate who was.

Works a treat for the specs (the average) cameras.

After posting this I went out in the motor to go to the bank drove onto the Ewell by-pass and what do I see about 200 mts away from me....... A Police van with its boot open and 2 big cams sticking out the back! This was then followed by a Police bike about 200 mts furthur up and then another 200 mts on was a Police car.

Does anyone know how it works? If you get cought do the radio the awaiting units who pull you or do you get a "lovely letter" sent through the post?

i think they radio their collegues down the road who then pull you over.

Mr172Mk1 they usually hang about around Ace of Spades roundabout doing the same thing

Does anyone know if they can get you going both ways or just when you are heading towards the van?

Bit scared I may of got done earlier could not believe the amount of Police units around the area! I was not pulled over so I prosume I am safe???

A fine and points would be a great 23rd birthday pressie!!!!

I would have thought you could only get caught going towards the back of the van where the doors are open but then whats to say theyre pointing the gun out the back.

Pot Luck i guess

Can anyone clarify this for me?

"Does anyone know if they can get you going both ways or just when you are heading towards the van?"

I had one faulty RA2, but they replaced it pretty quick - the screen went on my first.

Ive yet to hear laser either..

my lights wouldnt work on my first one (i.e didnt work at night), which they replaced quickly, the gps (took 1 hour sometimes to lock a sattelite) and voice warning has gone on my second one,the 3rd one is playing up a bit and now there not to good on customer service, i.e they have asked me to post it to them and they will test it ??, im not to happy with them tbh

yeh they collected my first 2, got new one the day after, i expected the same with this one but now there ignoring my emails, dont know why

My first Road Angel died, then the second one seemed to do the same. Blackspot ignored my E-mails too.

Halfords sorted out the first one. When I got through to Bspot about the second on, they said it might be the straight cable which is broken. It was, and to be fair they sent me a free new one no problems. Still think Bspot are bloody useless.

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by CupCake on 17 January 2005

Just to let you all know the front mounted laser module in the Road Angel 2 DOES indeed work.

Having owned this unit for months and months and never been lasered I was yesterday morning on the M4. Was doing 78mph overtaking a arctic when lasered, all I heard was this almight scream from the RA2... "LASER! CHECK SPEED"

I stabbed the brakes and dropped to 71, incidcated in front of the arctic and carried on driving, with the RA2 was still lit up as I came past a well marked Vauxhall Omega Police Car with all the laser equipment out on one of their observation decks.

cup cake glad it works. Make sure you dont get an NIP though, let us know.

And are you referring to the stock laser module in the unit or the add on laser module you wire up to the lower grill near your number plate?

Liquid yellow R26 F1

Si.. that is good news.. got my Compliance Director one through DT.. he said the same. that is quite reasuring.. :D.. prolly the mod you can do.. LOL..

Liquid yellow R26 F1

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 20 January 2005

Quote: Originally posted by CupCake on 17 January 2005

cup cake glad it works. Make sure you dont get an NIP though, let us know.

And are you referring to the stock laser module in the unit or the add on laser module you wire up to the lower grill near your number plate?
Good Q....!....???

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

I was lasered from a full blown Jam-Sandwich, so would have expected t have been pulled if it was an issue ... fingers crossed! lol.

Its the stock laser module thats mounted in the widescreen facing side of the RA2.

:)

Ford Fiesta

thats good news then. I mount my road angel just so it is looking over the wipers, to the top of the clear square, is yours about the same height cupcake?

now we know the front facing one works, has it ever worked rearwards for anyone?

(in the menu I have laser alert set to max volume as its the one alert you ned to know about instantly)