ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Road Angel 2 or Maxogen induction kit

I got about £400 to spend on my 172 and have brought it down to purchasing either a Road angel 2 or a maxogen induction kit. I really like both but can only go for 1 of em. what do you guys recon?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Road Angel 2

I can sort you a good deal out :)

Then you will have more money left over for a induction kit later ;)

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Ooooh....thats a tough one mate!

-Sensible head says go for RA2 as its not only a safety device but also has the potential to stop you from incuring fines/points etc. So in affect a possible money saver in the long run.

Not so sensible side of me says get the IK as its awesome quality and will put smiles on your face.

So to sum up- ive been no help at all lol. Choice is yours chap- RA2; Money/licence saver or IK; Pleasure you cant measure lol

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

PMing you with details.

Ive sorted out a lot of people on here, just ask around, think i have a good reputation :D

lol thnx Has, and ye I think your right Gary G. Was kinda hoping ppl would say RA2. Anything for those cool boys toys :p

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Has can you PM me details as well please mate (i have one already-paid full whack lol) my brother wants one! Cheers bud.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

No worries Gary - bugger on paying full price :(

Sending you details now :)

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

RA2 is definately a good option, i have one and its a very good bit of kit.

[Edited by Gary G on 13 March 2005 at 1:00am]

Yeah i know mate...had mine a while now though :)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Ive got a RA2 supplieid by Has. Cant rate it highly enough.

Its not just a speed camera detector. It contains accident blackspots and schools - both potential hazards!

Also can be hooked up to PDAs and used as a tidy GPS receiver for satelite navigation.

As I said, would you like a bit of noise, or something that could save your life.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

You simply pay for a years sunscription or i think there is a 3 year one available.

If you dont want to take out any more subsciption u dotn have to, but you will nt be able to update the unit.

This means any new cameras that appear or temporary ones which move will nto be changed on ur unit.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

You get a letter in the post offering you to renew. Either 1 year, 2 or unlimited.

All prices for renewal and payment is done from Blackspots website at: http://www.blackspot.comwww.blackspot.com

I renewed last week without hesitation.

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

They send you a letter to remind you...i renewed online, very easy-unit serial number, payment details then all done.

[Edited by Gary G on 13 March 2005 at 1:19am] Ah well just a little slow lol

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

So can the laser detector on the RA 2 be disabled? Assume its something you plug in (given the front/back detectors)?

^^its not a plug in, its built in, but it can be disarmed by the user, you can also request that blackspot sends you a frimware upgrade that disables it permantly

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

^^ yup spot on.

Tho it hasnt been passed by law yet that you cannot use the laser detector option.

You are looking at a ban in about a years time at the shortest.

This only means the laser function is nto usuable. But the unit still works as a GPS camera detector.

or get the ra classic, even cheaper, 1 year subs foc (instead of 6months) with iirc lifetime subs for £99 (you cant do this with the ra2)

Simon

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Has been talked about pleny of times.

The mainf facts remain that the laser part of the system may be "removed" if the detection ban goes ahead.

But as for the GPS based detectors its gonna be hard for them to do.
As they are just simply warning you where the cameras are, which is how it shud be the cameras are there for a reason (high accident area or deaths) its just a verbal warnign you get instead of seeing a big yellow gatso etc..

Got road angel 2. Got 9 points since. None of them from camaras. I think Road Angels are too tempramental with the windscreen. The internal aerial made it ok, but took a lot of playing about.

If I had the choice again now I would go for the induction kit

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Thats why most people opt for gettign an external aerial for the RA2s.

8/10 installatiosn i do on vehicles i can get them spot on, otherwise i tell the customer to get the ext aerial and it works spot on then.

P

peterh2

Does the laser detector work through the front screen of a 182? I had to get an external aerial for the GPS but I was told the laser "should be fine"...

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Quote: Originally posted by Cuthbert on 14 March 2005

Got road angel 2. Got 9 points since. None of them from camaras.
Youve got 9 points since you fitted your Road Angel 2? Christ... :eek:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Jeezuz Cuthbert - whats your insurance like now on a 172???!

Saw an RA1 in action and was impressed with it. Must say, Id go for the IK myself. Be warned though, loads of insurance companies classify an IK as a "non standard equipment component" and your premium can either go through the roof or be invalidated.

Thats what happened to my Punto when I told AXA I had a PiperX fitted. Big mistake! :(

D.