ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Road Angel External Antenna

Subaru WRX

I am in the process of purchasing a brand new Road angel 2 for 300 quid, but I have a question to any road angel users who have a 172 or a 182.

Do you need to pay the extra 19.95 for the external antenna or is the signal strength good enough throuh the UV windscreen ??

Thanx in advance Mark. :)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

If you have the athermic windscreen then you are going to have to invest.

Lee

BMW M2C

Some people have been lucky and found it works if you dont mind it being placed by the small square gap at the base of the screen, others have had to buy the additional antena.

Subaru WRX

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 27 August 2004

If you have the athermic windscreen then you are going to have to invest.
Oh well looks like another 19.95 I need to spend then !!

Cheers Tom.

Ford Fiesta

it worked fine on my 182 looking out of the window in the sacreen. BUT the front laser sensor was looking at the wipers and the rear laser sensor was blocked by the sat nav hood hence you are losing a sensors.

I paid £20 for the additioanl antenna had to send it back cos it was not long enough, and got them to send me a 5meter one instead works fine now. The antenna sits on the plastic at the side of the rear parcel shelf looking out of the rear window

ICE'dberg MK2 172

£19.95????????

Thought the re-radiating aerial was close on £70!!!

Had mine colour coded too...looks proper Bo! :D

Clio 182 LY + Cup packs

I rang up and complained that when I purchased the road angel they had not told me that it wouldnt work in my car, I got the Antenna for FREE!!

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by chris172 on 28 August 2004

£19.95????????

Thought the re-radiating aerial was close on £70!!!

Had mine colour coded too...looks proper Bo! :D

yeah thats for the RA1, RA2 they do this antenna you dont need the re radiating one.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

cups havent got the reflective windscreen like 172 or 182 so luckerly mine works a treat just sat on the bottem of the windscreen.

Ford Fiesta

yeah but you get sunburnt in the hot british weather cos your screen allows UV light through :)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 31 August 2004

yeah but you get sunburnt in the hot british weather cos your screen allows UV light through :)
i can take it. anyway im in a cup so i can just go faster with my window down to cool off;)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by CupCake on 31 August 2004

Ive had probs with mine and my Cup screen so am getting the external antenna. :)
i get almost full sattalite signal most of the time.

I have a RA2 in my 2002 172 and it worked ok in the small window on the centre of the screen providing that it was sat on top of the dash thats how low it had to be to see out of the small square plain glass bit...so fitted an external 19.99 antenna and no problem at all works fine..fitted the magnetic antenna in the centre of the roof right at the front next to windscreen rubber..cable hid under the windscreen rubber around the screen and in through the drivers door shut...

Ricky

Ford Fiesta

lol

i tried fitting it on the roof but didnt fancy moving the plastic windscreen surround, thought it might fall off.

So stuck it next to parcel shelf rear of car on inside.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Yes thank you so much for the helpful people stating it "should be ok"... yes I am fully aware the cup windscreen is no UV coated and so should be fine...

Sadly ive had a few problems with mine and thus am getting the external aerial. Doesnt make me a bad person! Jeez some people get all excited over nothing.

i have just got one of these road angel 2 i have a mk1 172 do i need the external arial on mine think its been registered now i didnt get an email i just tryed updating it and it worked went out for a drive to try and get the satellites but it just stayed the same.

do i have to keep the car staionery when trying to find them or is it my windscreen

please help me