ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Road legal cut slicks

Apparently you can fit road legal yoko cut slicks to your car increasing dry grip! Is this true - a few of the typr R boys have them fitted and they look mint! Anyone know prices or where to get them?

Anyone know where these can be purchased as im in desperate need of some new tyres and havent got a scooby what to get!

I ran part worn moulded slicks [cut slicks] on my cossie, this was only going to a trackday though, yes they are road legal and i can get some part worn slicks

Tappd'd RS

anyone tried em in the wet and sh*te of british roads?

The cup has a major problem with traction in the wet before you even change the tyres - demon in the dry tho! ;)

they are just blinding in the dry, spesh teh super super soft compound. But dont last.......after about 1000 miles normal use youll not have much left, and after a days ragging, all done!

But A032s are better in teh wet than 48s, and ACB10s work better on diff cars, typically lighter ones.

I would imagine cut slicks would be sh*te in the wet - very dangerous! mailto:B@llsie">B@llsie - the cup is a dream in the dry aint it - after 8000miles only just getting the hang of reving through first without any spin and changing without bouncing of the limiter for 30seconds before your brain registers first gear is long gone! lol

If you got these for the road you must be stupid or very rich. Yoko do indeed supply road legal ones for slightly cheaper, though its more of a compromise for track, which i think is pointless. Think they were an option on Lotus Exgies and the like

-Rob

Exactly only use them on trackdays, i.e not using them on the road. From all accounts your car is less compromised for the road anyway.

-Rob

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

they had slicks on teh caterham i cained the other day. Great for doing donuts:D However they did NOT use slicks on the 2 track caterhams.