ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Road to LeMans 2010 (12th/13th June)... you game?

I've been planning this for a while (in my head) and got the feeders out already to a good few but heres to make it public.

i'm hoping that the dates dont clash with FCS, as its a show i really enjoy and attend in force however i want to do LeMans and have for a while...

i plan to travel over on the thursday by ferry and stay in a travel lodge/hotel in france on the thursday night, as far as i know the friday morning on route to LeMans is when it all starts, so it'll be an early morning friday. Early arrival into the town of Lemans is welcomed by many and the procedure of doing chavish burnouts on the main road against ferraris and minibuses!

From there you travel to the campsite and simply unpack and get on the ale... for me i plan to stay for the race and being june the weather, atmosphere will be amazing. i also have one or two connections with a team or two there so i will try and sort some form of passes, but regardless even watching and seeing the cars roaring round does it for me. (i have worked on a 24hr race at silverstone and little comes close to 6am sunrise and an aston martin roaring past you)

Riad is also taking his HD camera, tripod, boom, etc with him and wants to make a film of the journey & race, the kids good at what he does so that should be a corker too.

lemans_2010.jpg

The race is saturday to sunday. I see myself and others already involved aiming to leave Lemans on the monday morning and travelling back home, onwards for a few days, but people can obviously do what they wish... depending on funds i may have a cheeky run to a small german road ;)

Already involved are myself and a few of the TeamAriane wrong uns (anyone attending any of last years shows will know how we travel ;) ), Fred plans to have the vee ready for then too and some boys are involved in an A-team van... so yeh, it'll be a quiet one!! i have my sticker/vinyl design for TDK already done to so that should raise a few eyebrows.

Obviously this is just a heads up and as the thread progresses, if indeed it does, people can finalise details and we can organise various things too, as i cant even organise myself and will be handing over my organisation process to richngem asap...

For anyone thats not taken their little RS to France before the people that have an interest in cars in france stand and stare as you pass :) due to France putting a heavy tax on RS's there is next to none there...

Obviously i imagine people off here have been before so any advice, experience and tips are welcome.

sorry for the staggered writing and layout, im still drunk from xmas eve. this has been posted on MS, CS and POT

cheers Naith

im going to look at booking a ferry next week, i know its early but prices are scary cheap. as always i'll update.

looking at 40 quid dover/calais, even for a day out thats cheap as fcuk.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I was looking at May though till July. However it's looking increasing unlikely atm. I did say if that went bollocksed id do this and the British GP. So it's looking quite likely ill be up for this. Although, I don't know whats going on with my motor atm either :(

ph1 track weapon
should be going out too but a mate's driving and he doesnt like the idea of driving from calais so wants to do portsmouth to le harvre and on from there!

172 cup
100% be there this will be the 3rd time i have been. Its such a good laugh im sure luke_m and cazzy197 will be there also :)

Swift Sport
Oooo, only just noticed this!

I'm interested, gotta see what else I'm upto first though!

Does look like a reet laugh!!

172//Crap Micra//Bus
what are the prices for portsmouth/leharve? London an Calais sound a bit backwards to me. Need speak to me mate, £150 each ain't bad tbh.

Last edited:

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I'd be up for this! I'm supposed to be going round the EU in march but i can push it back.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
oooo bringing the TVR?

the TVR would be a welcome addition! Plus you look hot in the summer iirc

/TVR

Yeah, although i can't mention it on here as me owning one pisses most people off on here.

I'll need a fuel stop every 180 miles too.

pmsl/TVR

tbh mate with the new year additions i dont think i'll be much better on fuel, ableit slower but equally as noisy, silly :D

dynacup it is then, fill it with all our fuel and booze!

gaz, ur more than welcome to come in TDK, learn english though b4 the trip please.

had alot of pm interest too... so its shaping up.

registered a charity for mike & ste, should help towards the fuel bill.

gonna get everyone some radios too so we can keep in touch/act like dicks/get fuel alerts for the TVR.

be about a tenner each

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
had alot of pm interest too... so its shaping up.

registered a charity for mike & ste, should help towards the fuel bill.

gonna get everyone some radios too so we can keep in touch/act like dicks/get fuel alerts for the TVR.

be about a tenner each

I don't want a Radio, I'll be drving with ear plugs in.....

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
WOW, i ve wanted to go for years the vx220 lads always make the effort.

dependent on the date of deva dubs i could well be up for it.. who knows my mk1 cold be done by then.. what a way to break it in lol .. or just break it haha

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
The whole lot will be a 1200mile round trip for me. About £400 in V power. Best get my AA cover upgraded to EU cover!

I'm in for this, don't know any of you lads but have always wanted to go and always good to meet new people (if anyone fancies being my co-driver shout). What kind of price we looking at, can only see £40 for the ferry.