ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Robs Inferno 182 Cup.....

182 Cup & DCi 172
Well I am back again with another Clio.

Bought it in February and it has had a good history on Cliosport.net with @Inferno being the first owner then @Daniel before @jenic got it.

It came to me with 84k miles on the clock and all the bills and receipts for its life on the road.
This is my fifth Clio Sport so new exactly what I was after and this fitted the bill perfectly.

Day I picked it up in Hull along with my Fiance's RS133:

IMG_1922_zpsfp9ncr0x.jpg

IMG_1910_zpskjejsmh5.jpg

Unfortunately someone didn't see me when they were pulling from a T junction and smashed into the passenger side quarter, it is currently going through insurance but is going to be a Cat C writeoff.

Since then my brother Matthew (@matty1995) has helped me get it sorted since I am keeping it and we have replaced the following:

- Pretensioners replaced
- Airbag module replaced
- Rear axle replaced
- All dampers replaced (cup dampers)
- Springs replaced (Eibach sportlines)
- Track rod ends

DSC_5464_zpstftzn6ek.jpg

DSC_5530_zpsan4mxcoq.jpg

When doing the suspension found one of the front springs was interesting to put it mildly - not sure off when I bought it or the accident:

DSC_5499_zps5gu5uitu.jpg

DSC_5503_zpsf4qspm1w.jpg

Some pics off when it first went back on the road, the Trophy is my brothers:

IMG_2010_zpswx95it3b.jpg

IMG_2018_zpskcacb3oc.jpg

IMG_2027_zpsgne907j8.jpg

On a spirited drive after Buttertubs I somehow managed to land with a bump and smashed the genuine Cup splitter, gutted!

IMG_2062_zpsmwuytxeb.jpg

IMG_2064_zpszrvwd8nc.jpg

Upto now the mods haven't gone mad but to date are:

- Home made black xenons
- LED bulbs all round
- New style RS badge
- Black mirrors
- Black diamonds
- Dewipered with carbon blank
- C3 washer jets
- Black interior plastics with orange detailing
- Phase 1 airbox with ITG element
- Ktec Ultra decat
- Ktec Ultra non resonated centre section to go with the catback the car came with
- Calipers painted orange
- Fabia splitter
- Vibratechnics upper engine mount

I did buy some pro race 1.2 to go on but decided to go a different route

Also decided to paint up the engine to tart the engine bay up:

DSC_5474_zpspfpcxqiw.jpg

DSC_5481_zpsns1nxyhu.jpg

Some random pics now:

DSC_5559_zpsrpi4mwts.jpg

DSC_5560_zpspy6m75uw.jpg

DSC_5563_zpslzwuwrpr.jpg

DSC_5535_zpsurwolprz.jpg

DSC_5481_zpsns1nxyhu.jpg

DSC_5481_zpsns1nxyhu.jpg

IMG_2473_zpszyvafm3t.jpg

IMG_2415_zpsqqr1p7jx.jpg

IMG_2430_zpsekjpb6cd.jpg

IMG_2469_zpswps7sddf.jpg

IMG_2487_zpsusiehvje.jpg

IMG_2496_zpso94migd0.jpg

IMG_2501_zpscnjmkyzf.jpg

IMG_2525_zpsyhmbp1wo.jpg

IMG_2611_zpskcalgyyf.jpg

IMG_2620_zpsjyciw3xa.jpg

Our current lineup:

DSC_5682_zpsv5dq7ckm.jpg

Will start a project thread to keep track of the progress........

Looks a great example that and with some nice little mods creeping onto that 'done' list :up::up:

Absolutely gutting about the Cat-C tho!! But at least you know the car and the work done etc

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Cool, was a nice one that!
I remember when I first saw it for sale myself, I was sitting in the kitchen with a friend and the minute I opened the thread I told her I'm buying it. Shortly after it was mine! Sad to hear it got written off though :(

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Looking good! Best colour too . Now I know where those cup badges are heading! You seem to have a similar project to mine

182 Cup & DCi 172
Looks a great example that and with some nice little mods creeping onto that 'done' list :up::up:

Absolutely gutting about the Cat-C tho!! But at least you know the car and the work done etc

I was gutted but could have been worse and not being able to save it.

Cool, was a nice one that!
I remember when I first saw it for sale myself, I was sitting in the kitchen with a friend and the minute I opened the thread I told her I'm buying it. Shortly after it was mine! Sad to hear it got written off though 😧

Still is nice on the drivers side lmao. Will be good when I get it straightened and painted

Looking good! Best colour too . Now I know where those cup badges are heading! You seem to have a similar project to mine

Yeah need the badges as getting damaged side repaired and repainted but want to keep cup badges

182 Cup
Lovely car that one, still miss it. Nice to see the front bumper still on there, but sorry to hear about the splitter!

Don't give it an easy life, it always liked to be driven hard!

182 Cup & DCi 172
Lovely car that one, still miss it. Nice to see the front bumper still on there, but sorry to hear about the splitter!

Don't give it an easy life, it always liked to be driven hard!

Definitely doesn't get an easy life haha.
For an unmapped 182 with basic mods it still has pretty decent pace.

The front bumper will be going for repairs soon as the ducts have started cracking slightly. Will be getting them redone and a few other tweaks.

Started on some accident repairs today but going to start a thread in the projects section for the car.