ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rob's Supercharged Trophy

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Oh my God, just seen this. Personally, arguably one of the best put together Clio on this forum. The main thing is you are all ok and in one piece Rob, just sad to see the Clio how it is. Again after speaking to you at Blyton I was looking forward to the EFI upgrade, I've popped into this thread every now and then to read the updates so it's such a shame to see the photos.

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Gutted mate. At least you're ok. The routes from here to Goodwood are epic but I can imagine tricky on a cold and damp day - where did this happen?

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Genuinely so sorry too hear this Rob,and couldn't of happened to a nicer guy.When I saw your car I could tell how passionate you were,your ok that is the main thing and hopefully all the nice bits you sell can go towards whatever you fancy next
Sorry
Al

Cheers Al! Atleast the Recaro's will live on in your amazing V6!

f**king gutted for you mate, glad your alright though.

Didn't you want to use your part's to build another one or have you had enough?

Thank you Scott. I haven't got the heart to start all over again with another Clio, I'm going to cut my losses and start another project hopefully a DC5 Integra! :wink:

Glad you're ok but absolutely gutting about the Trophy.

On the bright side at least you're seeing this as an opportunity to get something new, and different, to play with!

That's all I keep thinking about bud! It's certainly cheering me up!

Gutted the Trophy has been written off but at least you're ok. The roads were bad Sunday morning as I went to Goodwood as well so probably nothing you could have done differently.

Cheers Tim! I'm sure we will meet up again soon I'll just be in another steed!

F**k'nell Rob. I don't know what to say other than I'm absolutely chuffed you are ok and in one piece (albeit a sore neck). I know how much you enjoyed this car and how much you've put into it. I'm genuinely gutted for you mate 😧 I was so looking forward to joining you for a 'charged Trophy drive at some point in the future.

All the best mate and good luck with whatever comes next (Type-R or otherwise). I was big into Honda / Type-R's before I got bitten by the Clio Trophy bug.

Thanks Andy I was hoping for a similar meet up also mate! 😞 I cannot wait to see your finished project! Flying the flag for the forced induction Trophy's!

Gutted mate! Instinct to avoid the fox I guess, but at least you're ok!

It certainly was mate. As I said maybe I should of just carried on straight... But what done is done!

Shitter about the car mate. If you want someone to break it for you, let me know...

Cheers Mike I'll keep you posted bud! :blush:

Really enjoyed reading the updates on your car and really crap its ended that way.Main thing is everyones ok.

Thanks Steve yeah much to the relief of my wife I'm fine, just a sore neck!

I was looking everywhere for this on the circuit on Sunday! [emoji27] wouldn't stop banging on about it to my girlfriend! Can't even imagine how gutted you've gotta be, lucky you're all in one piece at least though!

I was really looking forward to it mate! Hopefully I will be attending one of their meets next year!

Not a good update, Rob, but as has been said the main thing is you're ok. It's such a shame, it was a special little Trophy, that one, but at least the insurance process is proving painless and you can get back in the saddle soon, y0!

Thank you Tim, I'm gutted I never ended up making it to one of your Welsh adventures! :weary:

Absolutely gutted for you bud.

Main thing is you're ok.

Was a special car this one. 😧

Thanks Oli! One less Supercharged Clio on the forum now! 😞 You need to use yours more to make up for it! :wink:

Dibs on all the good bits :tongueout:

To quote Homer Simpson 'Money can be exchanged for goods and services' :wink:

Gutted. Was one of the best cars on the forum. [emoji53]

Thanks Sam was great to meet you at Blyton

oh 😧 sorry to read this!!!

Cheers bud!

Sorry to hear about the crash, how much for the.....

Glad to hear you're ok, bet you were absolutely gutted! No more flames 😧

Haha thanks mate! Parts will be up for grabs soon!

As per our messages mate, very saddened to hear this. Main thing is your ok.

Cheers Mark, and as always thanks for all your help and advice.

Holy crap... awful news. Glad you are ok. Had 2 write offs in my time - Mk2s do stand up to punishment quite well, I walked away from a nasty crash in my old 182.

DC5 would be a pretty sweet 'healing aid' though!

I'm surprised at how well the little Clio took the prang if i'm honest! I'm glad we both managed to walk away unscathed!

Gutted for you, seeing this at blyton reminded me of my old sc clio. Ended up buying another one hoping to boost it in the future after seeing it pop flames all day. Glad you walked away from it though the rest is all replaceable metal, limbs not so much... could be interested in a few bits without sounding like a vulture, drop me a pm when the chargers off i could still be interested in it (y)

Of course bud! Keep an eye out on the for sale section. Nothing has been stripped yet, and i'm unsure at this moment in time whether the supercharger is salvageable.

Cannot believe it, feel so sorry for you ! Glad you arent hurt, from the picture it looks like a heavy smash so the main thing is that you are OK. Definitely get a for sale thread up as you have a lot of nice parts.

Cheers Gus!

Oh wow..... Utterly gutted for you Rob!!

Don't know what to say. Main thing is your ok but sucks to lose such a brilliant car!
Hope you get everything sorted and are happy with your next car. Dc5 is a decent shout. A car I've always fancied owning

Thanks Dan, I will be creating a new project thread of course! I'm excited to see what happens next!

Wow, that's awful! Real shame to happen to such a nice car. Glad you're okay though. I also may be interested in a few parts when it comes to it.

Cheers Louis! A for sale thread will be up soon.

So saddening to see your amazing car meet such and end Rob. Glad you and Mr Fox are unhurt though.
We all know how much passion you poured into this little car, you must be devastated. It was by far my favourite clio at CSF the year. Look forward to reading about your next build. [emoji106]

Thanks dude that means alot! Was great meeting you at Blyton. Onwards and upwards, but it is a bitter pill to swallow to see all that hard work destroyed in a split second...

Iv only been going through your project thread the past week. Gutted for you mate.

What road was it ? A339 I'm guessing ?

Hi Chris, it wasn't the A339 bud. Its a country lane that runs from Upton Grey to Odiham

Absolutely gutted for you, was genuinely one of the best cars at CSF this year, not good to see it meet a terrible end. Glad your alright and fingers crossed you can get into something fun again soon!

Cheers bud! There will be another project! What else am I supposed to waste money on!? :wink:

It was THE best car at CSF in my opinion.

Too kind Mark! Thank you! :blush:

gutted for you 😧

Cheers Sam. Not going to lie but I did want to cry when I got out to inspect the damage!

I guess you'll be looking for a new car sooner rather than later. 😧

Sorry to see this.

Thanks Adam!

Indeed! My hand is now rather forced, which wasn't how i wanted things to pan out, but I suppose I just need to make the most out of a bad situation!

But yes I will be on the hunt for a DC5 much sooner than planned! :smile:

So sorry to hear, I hope the recovery and pay out is smooth sailing.

Cheers mate, yes so far everything has gone very smoothly. As I've never claimed before I was worried, but that doesn't seem to be the case!

Oh my God, just seen this. Personally, arguably one of the best put together Clio on this forum. The main thing is you are all ok and in one piece Rob, just sad to see the Clio how it is. Again after speaking to you at Blyton I was looking forward to the EFI upgrade, I've popped into this thread every now and then to read the updates so it's such a shame to see the photos.

Hi Rich, you and me both bud! 😞 I always new that the trip to EFI would be the icing on the cake, and just finish off an awesome car!

Shame that mate! Unlucky!

Thanks dude!

Gutted mate. At least you're ok. The routes from here to Goodwood are epic but I can imagine tricky on a cold and damp day - where did this happen?

Yeah I'm all good Andy, thank you. It happened on a local road to me that runs from to little villages.

ah man, sorry for your loss rob, cars can be replaced your ok and that is all that matters

although i can only imagine how broken you must feel inside

Thanks mate, as I'm sure you can appreciate lots of effort went into the build. It's a horrible feeling inside looking at these photos. Something only us petrol heads will understand!

:cry:
gutted to see this turn out like it has

Glad you are ok, real shame

Cheers buddy!

Thanks to all the kind message, and comments guys! I'm certainly feeling the love right now! :blush:

Clio Trophy
Glad to see you are ok, Shame to see another T bite the dust :(

Let me know if one of the headlight auto leveling plugs survived :p

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Yay! Prices of trophys have gone up a bit now another one has gone!!! I jest.. gutted for you Rob, It was the most lovely example of what could be done with these little cars.
If this project was anything to go by, look forward to your next one. Onwards and upwards buddy.

That honestly sucks mate
Gutted I didn't have a chance to see it in the flesh before the prang as I'm a local
I know the road you spun on. Nasty one that with a few blind corners. Almost did the same but it was a deer instead !

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Rob let me know about what plans are with the supercharger and the kit as and when if that's OK. Appreciate other important things are going on at this moment in time.

Clio 182 - RB
e973cae47eb01b32c1aa2e3e67de1483.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio 172
Gutted bud, been following this build for a while and amazed at the work put in!

On a side note, id be interested in the vibratechnic engine mounts

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Shame to see such a car in such a state! I would be gutted if it were my car. Hate to be a vulture but i would be interested in a few parts, i shall await the for sale thread though

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Fk me. only just seen this.
Sorry to hear about that mate. glad your ok.
At least you have got enough good bits to sell on to put towards the DC5.
Onwarda and upwards!

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Just seen this.

Gutted for you, genuienly. 😧

Fk me. only just seen this.
Sorry to hear about that mate. glad your ok.
At least you have got enough good bits to sell on to put towards the DC5.
Onwarda and upwards!

Such s**t luck dude, was one of the best Mk2s on here 😧. Know how you feel

Thanks for the kind words chaps! I'm slowly getting over the loss! :weary:

Which brings me on to a little update...

Searching for the Trophy's replacement is a lot of fun! Trying to decide is a little trickier however.

I knew I wanted to go down the 'JDM' route as I have fond memoreies of my little Toyota Glanza V and importing all sorts of awesome mods from japan, and there's quite a few cars from the land of the rising sun I would like to cross off the list!

This Sunday I'm going to view a 1995 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type RA (Bloody long name) It ticks a lot of boxes, and has had some tasteful mods.
With just a few more needed :wink: to turn it into a capable track toy!

I have always wanted an Impreza and after driving a few (including a good mate's blobeye STI) I think I'm making the right decision! It would always come down to either a Classic Type RA or a bugeye ideally the S202. Which unfortunately are a little out of my price range as they command good money!

So hopefully after the weekend I will be creating a new project thread... Just not in the 'Clio Projects' section 😞

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Thanks for the kind words chaps! I'm slowly getting over the loss! :weary:

Which brings me on to a little update...

Searching for the Trophy's replacement is a lot of fun! Trying to decide is a little trickier however.

I knew I wanted to go down the 'JDM' route as I have fond memoreies of my little Toyota Glanza V and importing all sorts of awesome mods from japan, and there's quite a few cars from the land of the rising sun I would like to cross off the list!

This Sunday I'm going to view a 1995 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type RA (Bloody long name) It ticks a lot of boxes, and has had some tasteful mods.
With just a few more needed :wink: to turn it into a capable track toy!

I have always wanted an Impreza and after driving a few (including a good mate's blobeye STI) I think I'm making the right decision! It would always come down to either a Classic Type RA or a bugeye ideally the S202. Which unfortunately are a little out of my price range as they command good money!

So hopefully after the weekend I will be creating a new project thread... Just not in the 'Clio Projects' section 😞
All the cool kid's drive RAs mate. [emoji23] [emoji106]

Let me know how you get on.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Cheers Scott I will indeed!

Oh and If anyone thinks that my Impreza project will be anywhere near the level of perfection as Scott's they are sadly mistaken! 😂
Don't be silly mate, I love a classic RA I think there super.

It's what I wanted first but for not much more (so I first thought) I could have bought a new generation.

Are you local to Essex mate? If so then I'd love to meet up in the spring. [emoji2]

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Don't be silly mate, I love a classic RA I think there super.

It's what I wanted first but for not much more (so I first thought) I could have bought a new generation.

Are you local to Essex mate? If so then I'd love to meet up in the spring. [emoji2]

I'm a couple of hours from Essex mate. I've got family that live in Grays so often pop over to see them!

I'd definitely be up for a little Boxer meet! :smiley:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I'm a couple of hours from Essex mate. I've got family that live in Grays so often pop over to see them!

I'd definitely be up for a little Boxer meet! :smiley:
Stones throw from me then bud, I really need to start using mine a bit more for meets rather than going for a blast on my own or popping to the shops just so I get to use the thing.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.