ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rokkor Coilovers...?

R56 JCW
As regards to the Rokkor coilovers, i know a few people on here use them, however have noticed on the decription on eBay it says the lowering spec is 'Lowering Front: 35-65
Lowering Rear: 30-50'!

Ive seen a few clio's with these Rokkor coilies and they seem to be lowered much more than this, is there a reason for this e.g. wrong description in the add or have the coilovers been modified in order for them to be lowered even more so, like i have seen on the other clio's.

Regards
Chris

Wouldn't pay attention to the front lowering figures. They'll easily sit the car low enough to get stuck almost everywhere.

The rears will be at least 60mm, more if you take the adjuster out.

Wouldn't pay attention to the front lowering figures. They'll easily sit the car low enough to get stuck almost everywhere.

The rears will be at least 60mm, more if you take the adjuster out.

This. Front will sit pretty low anyway due to the sills being lower at the front + with the subframe. You can always get custom rear springs so no biggy there.

Possibly have a look into this > http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?562569-VMaxx-Coilovers-group-buy-(round-2..)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Without the rear adjusters I can barely bet my finger under the rear arch :) no scrape though :D and I hat to get the front lifted up because it was too low: arch scrape and splitter death lol. I can't post a pic on my phone but there's a few pics in my project thread if you click my name

R56 JCW
Ive also noticed on the description for these coilovers that the 'bolt distance is 58mm.'

This is my first car, first set of coilovers, will these fit a MK2 PH1 or not. Also, how would i go about knowing the 'bolt distance', and what does this mean?

Cheers

chumpmobile
i have one and i beleive the bolt spacing to be 58mm

i will update tomorrow so that will mean you can get the rokkors which are cheap :)

i'm getting mine on tomorrow so will update then!

taken from the vmaxx group by as more confirmation : Renault Clio Mk2 1.2 16v / 1.4 8v - 52mm bolt spacing on front strut

However I have a ph3 1.2 16v and has 58mm bolt spacing, I believe because its the face lift version.

chumpmobile
this is a pic of me measuring my bolt spacing
i have a 1999 1.4 8v rt btw

photo.jpg
[/IMG]