ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rolling road figures

Clio 182 cup
Went to the k-tec rolling road today was a good turn out there was loads of cars the some big power was run as well :)

had mine run and it run .....

danrollingroad2.jpg

its a bit down on what i wanted but thats life,

the person at k-tec said it was running quite lean and was also a tiny bit smoky which he put down to being oil
would it running rich cause it to be smoking

The funny thing is, the car does'nt use any oil since having the timing done but the timing was 22 degrees out :eek:

The car is running the old JMS generic map, oreca group A exhaust and some 8.5mm red Magnacore leads
(which probaly make no difference :eek:)

172 Cup
Not a bad result at all i reckon mate. Dont worry too much about RR figures, if the car is fit and healthy and goes well on the road thats all that matters.

Clio 182 cup
it WAS 22 degrees out mark ive had it all timed up along with a new cambelt and dehpaser

and jimbo thats what i was thinking the car is nearly 10 years old and is still running a little over standard power so cant be doing to bad surely
but might get it mapped just to waste some money and see what gains i can get

Clio 182 cup
i was told 20-22 by rentech when they done the cambelt, the car did run like a bag of s**t, miss fired quite alot could'nt idle properly and various other things but i thought it was ment to be like that after searching loads on here everyone said they wer lumpy :S but obviously there was a problem :boring:

Megane 225 F1
So u don't think that I could gain anything from having a Map ?

You can always gain SOMETHING from a map even if it's just smoother power delivery. Don't expect a lot of power increase though. Mine didn't give me any power, just smoothed the torque out and made it more drivable.

So u don't think that I could gain anything from having a Map ?

There are always gains to be had but for an essentialy standard car that's a good result and a healthy pair of curves. A map will realise gains but as said relatively little peak on a standard car. Cams, matched inlets and map will see 190 though :)

Clio 182 cup
There are always gains to be had but for an essentialy standard car that's a good result and a healthy pair of curves. A map will realise gains but as said relatively little peak on a standard car. Cams, matched inlets and map will see 190 though :)

that would be nice so you think i should be happy with that graph and not worried about what k-tec were trying to feed me about needing new rings and stuff cause power was down :S

The magic 172bhp, can't moan at that

thats what i thought as well but my mates 172 cup made 183.2 BHP that was a good figure maybe thats what i was basing my figure on and thought mine was bad

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I don't think K-tec were feeding you 'needing new rings' from a performance perspective, it was more in relation to the puffs of blue smoke appearing out of the back....

But, mine was the other one running lean from the generic map, like yours. As you know I left mine in for cams and a remap, and having picked the car up today the result was a rise from 174.8 bhp stock / 156 lb ft to 197 bhp / 165.6 lb ft. Epic work, and with the Group N mounts it has completely transformed the car. More info and graphs on my project thread here;

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?612638-Cub-172-s-Flamer-Project&p=8389438#post8389438

Upto you whether you look at getting yours remapped mate, to stop it running lean, but don't expect huge power gains as per Will's post. I am much happier with mine since remapped, but my gains were probably mostly 438 cam based.

Oli

Clio 182 cup
yer i dont think they wer feeding me a load of s**t but i dnt think its as serious as theyve said but like u say it shows there is more to be had out of the engine due to you getting 197BHP i bet your over the moon with that result. Time to get :race:

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
yer i dont think they wer feeding me a load of s**t but i dnt think its as serious as theyve said but like u say it shows there is more to be had out of the engine due to you getting 197BHP i bet your over the moon with that result. Time to get :race:

Yep, i'm well chuffed. Would have been mighty fecked off had I spent the cash and popped out with 180 bhp! Get yours in for some mechanical TLC at some point mate, and i suspect it will spit out a good figure as it seemed pretty strong despite the lean running / smokyness......