ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rolling roaded the cup at college

Evo 8 MR
Put the cup on the dyno at college today, was brilliant to see the old girl pulling healthily.

The maximum power run on the day produced 175bhp at the fly and we also did a top speed run which it maxed out at 144mph and showing 151mph on the clock.

After that we did a run through first and second just to see the amount of play in the engine on the uprated mounts and I was actually quite surprised how much there was but it's still massively reduced compared to standard mounts.

Heres a quick pic I took and the only printout I have which is from a different run which produced 169bhp (I think) obviously this is at the wheels. They are in the middle of a software update atm so I couldnt get the whole customer pack as they call it so I've been invited back for a free run in a couple of weeks once there all sorted so I can get all the graphs including AFR and a realtime recording of the runs that I can playback on my computer.

IMAG0012.jpg

CollegeRollingRoadResultthewheels0911102.jpg

What do we think? Pretty smooth?

Something Not French
Is it me, or does it not reach full revs? Doesn't the 172 engine rev to 7250rpm? Looks like it finishes at 6800, unless this was done for mechanical sympathy.

rstuned 182ff bg
nice 1 , u were tellin me on sunday that you were getting a print out done very soon,

i'm the lad u were talkin to about your top strut mounts ....if that rings a bell ?

anyway nice looking cup too ,i need to do a few things to mine pretty soon , wen the money scene is a bit better,

marcus.

Evo 8 MR
Is it me, or does it not reach full revs? Doesn't the 172 engine rev to 7250rpm? Looks like it finishes at 6800, unless this was done for mechanical sympathy.

Yeah this was one of the earlier runs so either it wasn't up to temp or he came off the throttle a little earlier on purpose.

The 175 run went right the way to 7250.

nice 1 , u were tellin me on sunday that you were getting a print out done very soon,

i'm the lad u were talkin to about your top strut mounts ....if that rings a bell ?

anyway nice looking cup too ,i need to do a few things to mine pretty soon , wen the money scene is a bit better,

marcus.

Yeah I remember. :)

only if its not up to oil temperature, the limiter should be 7200rpm if standard and up to temp.

Yup, standard engine.

172/1.2/E30
In 4th and 5th the Limiter kicks in at 6800 even when its on temperature, had this on "autobahn" in 5th!

172/1.2/E30
Max. engine speeds for a coolant temperature < 75°C 6,700 rpm
for a coolant temperature > 75°C in 1st or 2nd gear 7,200 rpm
for a coolant temperature > 75°C in 3rd, 4th or 5th speed 7,000 rpm

sorry 7000 not 6800. check the repair manual at fastchip!

Evo 8 MR
142.7bhp at the wheels, and that = 175bhp at the fly?

Graph is smooth though

As I said, the graph I have posted is one from an earlier run which I think produced 169.

Yeah I was really surprised how smooth it is considering it's standard map.

Clio RS ph1
Nice looking Cup you got there!

From what i`ve heard you got to make at least 10bhp more atw for 175 atf.