ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Roof Bars on a sport

Clio 182 2005
Is it possible to fit roof bars to a Clio 182 Sport 2005 model.

I have seen pictures on the net of them fitted to sports but my clio doesnt have any guides or anything. Do they bolt up in the door creases or something?

Im looking on getting some roof bars and carrying a Go kart, will this be possible?

Thanks

Paul

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Yeah 100% possible. I have some for my sport somewhere....

166401_500011847644_628542644_6048102_3309746_n.jpg

Clio 182 2005
Thanks mate, Do you think the roof will support the weight of a go-kart?

Trying to get exact weight of the kart on the net..

Clio 182 2005
just checked in the manual and it says 70kg. Should be ok ill just always drain the fuel and take any extra weight of the kart before hand.

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Try spreading the weight as evenly as you can, I've seen people's roofs with creases in after loading heavy thingqs into roof boxes

Stripped yozza'd cup
I used to carry my TKM on the roof of my dads Mazda 323. Lol. Was always fine for us but I wouldn't put it on my car...

What kart do you have?

Clio 182 2005
nothing mate, planning to get a tonykart rotax max. Dont know anything about karts just looking to get started

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
anyone post some links to decent place to buy roof bars and a box to match?

im guessing theres like a max of 70mph limit with a box?

Stripped yozza'd cup
nothing mate, planning to get a tonykart rotax max. Dont know anything about karts just looking to get started

Great engine, the Rotax. Are you planning on racing it or just buying it to take it testing for fun?

Which circuits will you be going to?