ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rotary polishers

182 Cup
Hi been looking into rotary polishers as have wanted one for a long time, I was looking on ebay and I see 3M do one and its a bot £205, dodo do onr for around 115 and kestral for around the same maybe a little more, does anyone on here have any experience with any of these or any that havnt been mentioned yet! any input and advice is welcome cheers lads!

JP

225 powered mk2
I use the dodo juice spin doctor, great piece of kit! RRP £120 i think but however keep looking on ebay i picked mine up brand new for £70 great control too!!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Have you ever used a machine polisher before, and what do you plan on using it for, as if you don't know what you're doing with it it is possible to damage the paint enough to need a respray. For a beginner you're best off getting a dual action polisher before trying a rotary

http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Kestrel_Dual_Action_Polisher_1.html

Get looking through the detailing sub forum as its been discussed a few times as to what polisher to get for different levels and needs

182 Cup
Cheers lads ya I have used a rotary for compounding before and am aware or the "burning" issue lol am just want it for mopping and maybe some compounding and want variable control really. glad you have some good to say about the dodo one!

182 sport & cooper S
If the body work is good and no scratches to remove and you just want to polish the car the twin head polisher is the Dogs it does a great job and it doesn't leave all those nasty swirls in the paint. The Valater at the Porsche dealer used one on the new cars it was amazing.
He got me one from Autoklenz for about £50