ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS - Feel the Need

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Im pretty sure shmee gave up his job banking in London to do his youtube channel.
Just shows the money in it.

Ignoring my recent blip over the last week, over the 28 day period before that I had 35k views and earned £40.

Over that same period he's had 9.3m views. That's circa £11k pcm. And in the whole scheme of things his channel, with 1m subscribers, is small fry.

Zoella has 12x as many subscribers. Pewdipie has 58x as many. Doing the quick mafs on that makes me cry. FFS.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
All of the successful YouTubers come from money.

I'm the first to call kids spoilt when they start YouTube channels showing off their parents cars, but there are some that have humble backgrounds. Supercars of London started off as one of those nerds that just chase the Arabian Playboy's around London snapping them and now he's a brand. Pewdiepie started by streaming video games he was playing anyway and now he is the #1 YouTube channel.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I'm the first to call kids spoilt when they start YouTube channels showing off their parents cars, but there are some that have humble backgrounds. Supercars of London started off as one of those nerds that just chase the Arabian Playboy's around London snapping them and now he's a brand. Pewdiepie started by streaming video games he was playing anyway and now he is the #1 YouTube channel.
There is the exception mate of course. Archie Hamilton, Shmee, TGE and Seen Through Glass all come from money.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Yeah a lot of them have the time to do the content because they don't need a proper job. I see that a lot in car journalism too. A lot of them have money anyway so can spend their time making YouTube videos.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
worst-employer-award.jpg

clio 182 trophy
Surely they run the engines under different loads for.thousands of.miles, before they make it into production!?

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Probably, but I think they forgot to factor in “driven by ham fisted Neanderthals” variable into the equation...

Only kidding, heat cycles are what people are thinking is the issue

Clio
Never mind all these RS's . Should I get my mum to buy the new 3 cylinder fiesta ( to last her the next 15 years)?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Go buy a nice mk2 RS right now. This f**k up with the mk3's will only push values up more on nice 2's.
Have Ford stopped selling them yet? When is this focus due for replacement? If the Mk4 isn't to far off I can see Ford ending RS sales early to save money and a bit of brand value. The competition must be having a right laugh. i30 anyone?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I think they'll all go yeah. It's going to cost Ford a lot of money.

Whether it'll effect used values is yet to be seen, but I bet a few will have second thoughts about one.

If will have a massive effect ! Who wants to buy a 30k plus performance car and be wondering when it will go pop ! Warranty or not values will fall a lot .
The key thing with the rs brand as they age is originality from day they were built all matching numbers on parts etc this has big effect on future values .
Older Fully original rs cars are worth massive amounts more than modified or cars with replacement parts .

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Agreed.

Original car with original bits will be worth more than a car that’s done 10k with an engine that’s done 5k. It sounds good having a situation like that but not for supporters.

But. If everyone is aware of the issue and it’s going to get done all or most of the cars, will it affect the value that much.

If it was pot luck and you had two cars exactly the same but one hasn’t got the original engine in, then fair enough. But both in the same boat, will the lower mileage engines Rs be worth more? Quite possibly.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Id personally get rid... Would leave me disappointed with the whole ordeal and that what if from now on.... All good saying you have warranty but its the hassle and loss of confidence in the car for me.

Speedy300

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
This is a great shame, a major headache and cost for Ford. Post warranty used values are going to crash through the roof if this isn't sorted. This will then harm the RS brand so it will cost Ford either way, they need to act fast...

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
How do ford get out of this unscathed I wonder .
Also will heads roll at ford over this, was this problem foreseen and someone thought "nah, fcuk it" and just carried on or was there no way this problem could have been spotted.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Ford is not going to let their flagship car go down the toilet. It will be fixed obviously.

There will always be demand for a car with the RS badge on the back. All will be fine.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Just watching this video would suggest to me that the head bolts don't have enough stretch in them causing the block to crack in the thread casting area due to heat expansion between the head and block

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I spent last night watching FK8 Type R reviews :mask:

I'll see what the dealership say this week...if they don't or won't or can't tell me how the new engine is different and how it has been changed to avoid the specific failure I suffered I may look to reject the car based on the six month thing.

Clearly, if it comes to that, they'll allow for some fair use and reduce the value accordingly...but hey ho. Them there Civics are quite cheap by comparison :tongueclosed:

Or I could always sell it on with a brand new but barely run in engine and a full 4+ years of Ford warranty remaining...

Anyone interested?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Mmm I like those and they will grow on me.

But you would have to be self assured to be driving that.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Mmm I’d tend to disagree. The Impreza for sure was definatly not that shouty. The evo, 5/6 on, yeah maybe.

The civic looks like it’s reversed into Halfords at speed covered in glue.

I’m sure it’s an ace car.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Enjoyed the last vid. Some valid points made. Reading the comments I can’t believe that some people have been through two engines already.