ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Focus v Clio 182

LY 200
^^^So would i, first time i really see one up close weekedn and they are MUCH nicer than any Clio imo both inside and out!!!

The interior in the RS is maybe the worst I have ever seen in any car. It's all uneven and the colour scheme makes me want to call the 60 minute make-over team to destroy with an axe! Then, maybe it will look okay. Even Westwood could work his blastin'-off skillz on this effort.

Are we talking the same things here....Black/Blue Sparco seats??

If so your obviously not that great at jusdging nice interiors as the cup is hardly upto Bentley standard now is it!? Well last time i checked it wasnt anyway!!!

MCS R56
The interior in the RS is maybe the worst I have ever seen in any car. It's all uneven and the colour scheme makes me want to call the 60 minute make-over team to destroy with an axe! Then, maybe it will look okay. Even Westwood could work his blastin'-off skillz on this effort.

Are we talking the same things here....Black/Blue Sparco seats??

If so your obviously not that great at jusdging nice interiors as the cup is hardly upto Bentley standard now is it!? Well last time i checked it wasnt anyway!!!

Yes the Sparco seats look aweful but the dash takes the biscuit. The Clio isn't great either but it's defo looks a whole lot nicer than the RS. Eh....100K Bentley interior v 13K Clio.

LY 200
I was hardly being serious with the Bentley comment but in all honesty RS Focus interior is alot, lot closer to Bentley than the Cup or FF for that matter and i think 99.9% of honest, not in cloud cuckoo land people would agree.

LY 200
I was hardly being serious with the Bentley comment but in all honesty RS Focus interior is alot, lot closer to Bentley than the Cup or FF for that matter and i think 99.9% of honest, not in cloud cuckoo land people would agree.

Doubt it, even Tiff slags the RS's "Essex" interior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeHY69gweKU

Yeah cause if some tit from Top Gear or 5th gear says so then we must all agree!!!

Lol @ "Essex".

I wish my digs were as good as yours :rolleyes:, you must be Scottish right? ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I wouldnt know! but the RS has a gay button start, the idea is fine, but you can still turn the ignition key into crank mode, its just not connected! how bin scav poo is that?? gazs old punto GT was as quick as an RS, i was sat in the RS as it sat alongside up a duel carriageway! quality little tool!

Those were the days oh hum :(

MCS R56
  APR LCR225
very late on friday night an rs approached me at great speed from behind and was all over my rear bumper, we then went round a roundabout and onto a long straight, i put it in 3rd and gave it all and he couldnt gain anything until 110ish... at which point i backed off as was approaching a 40 limit and gave a flash of my 4 ways.. He then overtook me, evidently pissed off, and went the wrong side of a central reservation across cross hatching, spraying me with grit.....idiot. Mine is a cup with full ss exhaust, bmc intake and grp n remap. I assume his must have been standard..

I wouldnt know! but the RS has a gay button start, the idea is fine, but you can still turn the ignition key into crank mode, its just not connected! how bin scav poo is that?? gazs old punto GT was as quick as an RS, i was sat in the RS as it sat alongside up a duel carriageway! quality little tool!

are u sure it hasnt had a ign barrel out of another car? my mates FRS you can only turn it the 2/3 clicks(however many there is!), it wont go as far as non-button ford ign barrel will!

they dont torque steer as bad as what ppl make out, ive driven his in anger and to france and its fine!

performance wise, when his was std it made 220bhp on about 2 or 3 different rollers, my williams which was stripped out could keep reasonablly close to 100 but then after that it just left me! now his has a few mods..decat/bluefin/k&n filter and now a manifold and goes like hell!!

and yes the clios are good value for money performance wise, cant fault that, but if i had the cash id get rid of my 182 for a FRS anyday!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I'll have to dig out my old Evo mag with the Focus RS/WRX/Clio Cup/Cooper S test.

Focus pulled a 5.9 to 60 but can't remember any of the other figures :(

This one...?

1071408356__Evo_Stats_Cup_WRX_Coope.jpg

Yeah I can't help feeling that car must have a bit of boost tweakage. 14.9 to 100 for standard just seems too fast IMO :)

Scirocco GT 210
Yeah I can't help feeling that car must have a bit of boost tweakage. 14.9 to 100 for standard just seems too fast IMO :)

It is. No one in a standard FRS has managed it (check out the forums). I bet the one Evo used had a sly remap. Must have done, as 14.9 secs to 100 is what you'd expect a remapped one to get.

Ford Racing Puma
I own both...

And the RS is a better car, and noticably quicker than the 182.

Both are modified - 182 has Grp N, Maxogen, Full exhaust and uprated brakes.

RS has Full Milltek + decat, bluefin, panel filter and uprated brakes.

To 60, not a lot in it as the RS 'bogs' down a bit.

In real life driving though it destroys the Clio - and I can say that confidentally.

The RS topped it's speedo in Germany when I took it to the Ring (indicated 160) and still pulled. The Clio seems to lose acceleration far more noticably above 100mph.

The brakes are also fantastic, which does add a lot to the rapid driving experience.

I own and love both cars... but (and this is going to probably kick things off), the RS is a rare, desirable, practical and darn fast machine.

The Clio is still a clio - and the rattly build quality, constant problems, and mundane looks do ruin it a little for me.

It amuses me that every RSClio owner has 'the fastest car in the world' -- the FRS forums are far more humble if you check them out ! Someone asked about the Trophy and unanimously the FRS boys praised it. There was none of this willy waving stuff going on....

MCS R56
I own both...

I own and love both cars... but (and this is going to probably kick things off), the RS is a rare, desirable, practical and darn fast machine.

The Clio is still a clio - and the rattly build quality, constant problems, and mundane looks do ruin it a little for me.

It amuses me that every RSClio owner has 'the fastest car in the world' -- the FRS forums are far more humble if you check them out ! Someone asked about the Trophy and unanimously the FRS boys praised it. There was none of this willy waving stuff going on....

Couldn't agree more. Not been any other forums but the feeling I get on reading from this forum is that if you have a Clio Sport, you can mix it with all other cars. However - my Cup was bought for £10500 with 15 miles opn the clock. Bang for Buck - no contest, in my opinion.

Ford Racing Puma
I own both...

Couldn't agree more. Not been any other forums but the feeling I get on reading from this forum is that if you have a Clio Sport, you can mix it with all other cars. However - my Cup was bought for £10500 with 15 miles opn the clock. Bang for Buck - no contest, in my opinion.

Totally agree mate - they're exceptional value and the 182 is now worth circa £7.5k - the RS cost me £14k !

R27 - 77/500
I own both...

And the RS is a better car, and noticably quicker than the 182.

Both are modified - 182 has Grp N, Maxogen, Full exhaust and uprated brakes.

RS has Full Milltek + decat, bluefin, panel filter and uprated brakes.

To 60, not a lot in it as the RS 'bogs' down a bit.

In real life driving though it destroys the Clio - and I can say that confidentally.

The RS topped it's speedo in Germany when I took it to the Ring (indicated 160) and still pulled. The Clio seems to lose acceleration far more noticably above 100mph.

The brakes are also fantastic, which does add a lot to the rapid driving experience.

agreed mate, all these 'races' that have been mentioned the clio has been modified. but if the RS has then it some how doesnt count. i like my cup its quick for what it is and i love how well it pulls but at the end of the day there is always gonna be something else that is quicker.

Lotus Elise 111R
....and hopefully that ends all the "opinions"....well done Mark.

No its not because it is a well known fact that the press car had been tweaked

Well pardon me, or is that another "well known fact" that has been "created" for cliosport so that our cars appear better......

Downhuman makes sense, from a person who owns both.

It is so true that the RS clio is fantastic value, but the Meg is more of a contest to the FRS, in terms of speed and size. The RS clio is a different market altogether, a fantastic market, but a different one!

Ford Racing Puma

Well pardon me, or is that another "well known fact" that has been "created" for cliosport so that our cars appear better......

Downhuman makes sense, from a person who owns both.

It is so true that the RS clio is fantastic value, but the Meg is more of a contest to the FRS, in terms of speed and size. The RS clio is a different market altogether, a fantastic market, but a different one!

172Blue - where you from? I'm in Horsham!

And I agree with comments so far... Megane R26 is a fair comparison (and benchmark).

The Clio is useless for my 6ft + mates trying to fit in the back. The RS 'just' about suits. I'm sure the Meg has similar leg room etc.

I'm not blind by the Focus' faults. Its drinks petrol like no tomorrow (15mpg anyone?) and the blue interior is essex chic... but its great fun, and turns heads. Plus I always wanted one since they came out, but due to amazing abililty to hold value never could really afford one...

535d / t5 caravelle
upto *10mph, against my chipped williams, nothing in it, if anything i was pulling on him at the end of each gear, but saying that i was on my own and he had 2 passengers, so no doubt it would have been a differant story had we both had equal weight, it seemed quicker than the st i had a go with, and much better looking, but dare i say it........................bring on the twistys ha ha;)

182 ff with cup pack's
bluming eck this has gone on a bit ant it lol.

Well he picked it up saturday morning and he came round in it after i had finished work and i must say it looked stuning. so he took me out for a quick blast round to are mates in hyde and my first impressions were "this int quick" well that was only 1st and 2nd gear as soon as it went into 3rd it just really started to sing it just pulled right to the red line soon doing very silly speeds for the road we were on.

Any way like what people were saying think i mite have a chance up to 100mph then he will start to pull away. oh and on the mpg front i rang him on saturday nite to see if wanted to go out for a blast and he said no im in the pub its cheaper to get drunk than driving the car lol

LY 200
I own both...

Lol.......Says he who listens to the likes of Tiff the Needle!!! ;)

I believe the FRS is the better car.

No its not :nono:

Evo have voiced their suspicions that the press cars were tweaked on a number of occasions. It would explain the rampant torque steer they experienced but RS owner's don't.

It is a well known rumour. Pardon you ;)

Lol at clio is still a clio.

So is a Focus RS actually a mondeo or have I missed the point here;)

Oh dont get me wrong a lovely polished RS Focus looks the bee's b****cks. Saw one about 3-4 months ago flaming the fact that my mates Monaro VXR went past it like the focus was stopped made us smile but the focus driver acknowledged us and that was cool.

Dont get me wrong the look great from the outside, but the dash is horrific. Focus ST interior in a RS would be nice! that said I'm no lover of either car. I'd have a Integra over both LOL.

Ford Racing Puma
Lol at clio is still a clio.

So is a Focus RS actually a mondeo or have I missed the point here;)

Oh dont get me wrong a lovely polished RS Focus looks the bee's b****cks. Saw one about 3-4 months ago flaming the fact that my mates Monaro VXR went past it like the focus was stopped made us smile but the focus driver acknowledged us and that was cool.

Dont get me wrong the look great from the outside, but the dash is horrific. Focus ST interior in a RS would be nice! that said I'm no lover of either car. I'd have a Integra over both LOL.

Yes the focus is still a focus. But 80% of the parts are different, each was hand built and its limited edition (around 2000 in the UK). Several have (ahem) crashed and according to RSOC looks like closer to 1750 odd are still in the UK

I looked at the Integra and liked it a lot... but the jap insurance + 4 seats put me off