ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS MK3 at the RenaultSport factory in France!

If you want a good looking car dont buy a bloody french hatchback. I always thought clios looked crappy and cheap but bought mine because i couldn't ignore the performance for the price. Clio sports really ain't for posers - only car geeks realise what they are about. Anybody ever impressed a bird by telling them you drive a clio? Doubt it! If the 197 is as good/better to drive than the 172/182s then i dont care if it's missing a spoiler etc.

Gazeratti said:
It needs a rear spoiler too :)

No it doesn't, 40kgs of downforce from the rear diffuser alone, spoiler is unlikely as Renaultsport rarely add a component that would have no positive effect on performance, especially if its just because it looks nice.

It will be a grower I'm sure, the Mk2 got a similar reaction, then so did the Trophy ("too high, never mind if it handles like a dream, lower it!"), we all pretend to love performance but clearly looks are more/at least as important

al

ST on the way...
ukaskew said:
No it doesn't, 40kgs of downforce from the rear diffuser alone, spoiler is unlikely as Renaultsport rarely add a component that would have no positive effect on performance, especially if its just because it looks nice.

It will be a grower I'm sure, the Mk2 got a similar reaction, then so did the Trophy ("too high, never mind if it handles like a dream, lower it!"), we all pretend to love performance but clearly looks are more/at least as important

The diffueser on the F430 probably makes a difference, but on a Clio?!?!? FFS come on!

It needs a spoiler, if they don't do it for cosmetic reasons, how come the cup has a cup spoiler and the trophy has a V6 spoiler?

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
ukaskew said:

i didn't mean as downforce it just looks plain without something there, the spolier on the 172/182 doesn't do owt but it stop the back end looking boring.

It probably will grow on me as did the clio 2 mk2 as i didn't like it when it came out but now i own one ;)

al

ST on the way...
ukaskew said:

If thats the case, how come this has one??? vvvvv

Clio__24_.jpg

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
I like the Red one, but wouldn't want that sunroof. But as you the Megane is also sooo nice.

Mini Cooper S sport
The thing is, 172s/182s do look significantly different to 1.2/1.4/1.6s (IMO).

To me, the 197 doesn't look *that* much different to the normal new-shape Clio. The only obvious differences are the air-intakes behind the front wheels and the diffuser.

I would have liked to see some more styling to make it stand out, and I agree it needs a rear spoiler to make the back look less plain, even if it's purely cosmetic.