ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner - do I have it already...?

Hi all,
I've bought myself an RS Tuner 2nd hand from here. Currently it is sat in a box doing nothing.
My question is, how do I know if my car has already been 'RS Tuned'...?

CursedTitanium 182FF
iirc oem rev is 6500, rst is 7500 and the 5k kick is smoothed out. As said above plug it in and it will say if it has been done.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
It will show on the tuner what map is on the car and when it was done. My cup idles like it has the map but does hesitate for a couple of minutes, cold map ftl. My track car has been mapped (unsure by a tuner) but idles fine and doesn't hesitate from cold. Also revs higher than the cup. Although both of my cars haven't got the 'kick'. The track car I can understand, the cup not so much lol

Has anyone got a screenshot or the software / calibration numbers of a mapped / unmapped car?

I'm unsure if mine is or isn't mapped as the RS Tuner doesn't seem to show it is, but it revs higher than 7000rpm

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone got a screenshot or the software / calibration numbers of a mapped / unmapped car?

I'm unsure if mine is or isn't mapped as the RS Tuner doesn't seem to show it is, but it revs higher than 7000rpm

Here was mine unmapped -

Y6Ko.png

Then it added two Rstuner ones in the programming history section. (One for the software and one for the map)

Have you got one of it programmed?

I thought it would clearly state a date of when and what map is on there and by program: rstuner/fastchip but mine doesn't so questioning if it's a different map or not dine at all. But it revs a little higher for sure

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
install the software and plug it in, when you get to the screenshot above look for these numbers:
xr5QRul.jpg

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sure there newer tuners actually state "RS TUNER" in one of the fields.
It did on mine. I bought mine brand new though so depends if you have an older one.
1100rpm cold, 950-1000rpm warm.
Rev limit will go up to 7.5k when warm. If you email Henk with the info he needs, he will send you a new file.
From there you can load it on. If the numbers match, nothing will happen and it will tell you that the software is the same. If the numbers are different, it will install the new file.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
That hasn't got rstuner on it I don't think.
I had that UDIE thing before I used the rstuner map.
If Henk doesn't know, then who does?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
In fact. Yours isn't mapped, I just checked the calibration code compared to mine before I mapped it and they are the same.
Have you definatley spoken to Henk?
Seems strange he doesn't know if its mapped or not.

It has some RS Tuner characteristics such as what seems to be ever so slightly higher revving and idle speed but only slightly.

Cold running is appalling though, so I'm buying the 97/98RON Map now as Henk has been speedy on replies and unlock code etc, only got it Monday!

In fact. Yours isn't mapped, I just checked the calibration code compared to mine before I mapped it and they are the same.
Have you definatley spoken to Henk?
Seems strange he doesn't know if its mapped or not.

Yep he said can't tell if it was so couldn't tell me from the screenshot.

Mine is a 53 172 Cup so unsure what software differences are on normal 172 and 182 varients

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Mine used to idle high and then drop, I was convinced it was mapped but I got the 98ron map anyway and notices a difference straight away.
Can you rev past 7k?

Hard to tell mate? I was convinced mine was as it seems to always have the edge on other 172's I've been up against, unless it's another map but the rs tuner doesn't show anything. I have so many memory codes to clear lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
With clios mostly being the same 'ish' unless abused from birth there will only really be a small noticble difference imo on the road atleast.

The time people say 'god my clio is quicker than previous ones' will be the new purchase syndrome lol.

Apologies for thread hi jack but has anybody tried to unlock a mk1 rstuner recently? Has henk stopped giving out unlock codes for the old boxes? Cheers.

Ah that sucks I just sold mine on eBay; that's £80 down the toilet..any reason why he isn't providing codes?