ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rs tuner help clio 182

Golf Gti edition 30
Hi,im trying to load a new map from a newly purchased rs tuner from fastchip.have got the unlock code etc and connected it all upto the car but when i go to write cal a page comes up with current version map to be written with a new map but the software and calibration numbers are the same.

Is there someone there thats done this that i could give a phone and talk me through it as im terrible with computers etc.

Would be much appreciated.

thanks

Golf Gti edition 30
Says the current software version is 8200 and calibration is 7804 and in the 'to be written' bit it has the same version and calibration numbers.

I take it the download map has to be done from the fastchip website ?

Golf Gti edition 30
no im pretty sure it hasnt.

its a 1 owner totally standard from new car and was owned from an old retired guy.

Its at 1.41 in this video theres no map there on the pc to click on.Up untill then it all seems ok.Its prob really simple but just cant get my head round it.

Golf Gti edition 30
Not revved it past 6k.will have to try it and see.its got the 5k kick and the idle is pretty s**t.Its my bros clio 182.its on 21k and i just cant see the old guy he bought it from who bought it new doing any remapping etc.It just got used for going to asdas and the shops etc he said.

My clio 182 idles brilliant and drives alot better compared to his.Mine even drives better than my old clio trophy i had too.If anything its mine thats been remapped in the past but not plugged it into my car yet.Will do tomorrow though.

Golf Gti edition 30
Plugged the rs tuner into my clio 182 and looked at the programming history.

Says a fastchip remap in 2012.

Software version - 8200
Calibration version - 7804

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 42
  Golf Gti edition 30
And when i plugged it into my brothers clio 182 and look at the programming history.

Says its a RS240758 programming tool

Software version - 8200
Calibration version - 7804

So the same as versions as mine.Doesnt run as good as mine so thinking the timing may need looked at.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 38