ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rs tuner maps.

1.2 clio
Hello all.

has anyone got a Ron98 map for a rs tuner for a 172 ph1 they could send me by email Would be a big help.

cheers mark

1.2 clio
Why is it when ever I ask something on this forum people just take the piss!!. Other people ask and people are fine with it. I'm only asking as I brought an rs tuner and I think the buyer has sent me 182 maps that's all just want to see if works if not I'm getting rid of it!

1.2 clio
Lol a being a dick there's no need for it. It's only a question people don't have to so abrupt. Just thought if there was someone nice on here as there are some they would help me as I don't no if its the map or the tuner.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I didnt pay for mine, cant see an issue with what he's asked tbh.

Its a grey area, the forum wouldnt allow you to post asking for a pirated film or cd etc, so I can see why that logic extends to RS Tuner maps as well, although of course FastChip dont have a leg to stand on legally as they have pirated renaults map in the first place to alter of course!

I guess different people will have a different opinion on if it is acceptable to copy them or not.

1.2 clio
Just a simple question. I'm only asking as I've send before I don't know if its the map or the tuner don't really see the problem tbh it's just up tight people like yourself who do. If your no help to me why post anything and leave it to people who are helpful on here and stop putting a bad name on the forum your last person I'd be coming to for help. If anyone is looking for an unhelpful uptight dick I know where to find you both :). Cheers imprezaworks I know there are nice people on here that's why I asked.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Things like this will allways divide people's opinions on wether they should pay for something that they can get for free.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Things like this will allways divide people's opinions on wether they should pay for something that they can steal for free.

Same as if you decide to pay for your shopping when you can just stuff the smaller and more expensive items in your pocket and walk out with them I guess? lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah, like I said earlier its a lot less clear cut really when most of what you are getting is actually just ripped off from renault in the first place without consent, so a lot harder for the people selling these sort of maps to take the moral high ground.

It looks like the "latest version" of the RStuner module is different! When you purchase ther map you have to send some other info to do with the firmware or version of something along with software and cal versions..

So Henk then sends the 98 ron map but only for that specific tuner. So it can't be shared between everyone.
I may be wrong on the above, but have spoke to a few people with new versions of the tuner and shared maps from someone else and they are not working.

Don't hold me to it though

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It looks like the "latest version" of the RStuner module is different! When you purchase ther map you have to send some other info to do with the firmware or version of something along with software and cal versions..

So Henk then sends the 98 ron map but only for that specific tuner. So it can't be shared between everyone.
I may be wrong on the above, but have spoke to a few people with new versions of the tuner and shared maps from someone else and they are not working.

Don't hold me to it though

Makes perfect sense to me if that is the case, as it protects his commercial interests if people HAVE to buy the map from him, I always thought it was a bit of an oversight letting people copying them around so easily in the first place.

Yep its a great idea if it is true as its the blokes lively hood/ buisness that is suffering from sharing maps.

Although i hold my hands up and admit i have sent a couple of people a map to help them out with problems etc..So i'm just as bad!:slap:

Honest though lol:eek:

clio 172 phase 2
It is true henk is now asking for the vci code for the maps you purchase so you cant send them to other people as the maps are locked to your rs tuner :/ im in the middle of doing this now .

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The older ones are going to hold their resale value better than the new ones then I would imagine!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
It is true henk is now asking for the vci code for the maps you purchase so you cant send them to other people as the maps are locked to your rs tuner :/ im in the middle of doing this now .

Im supreised it took this long really.

Clio 172
god give the guy a break man, not everyone has money at the moment , im sure if the roles were reversed he would help ... i agree that people should pay, but i also think thats alls fair in the piracy bussiness too

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
It's been nearly four days since the last comment was made dude, he ended up paying double for the maps to keep everyone happy iirc,

pretty sure he didn't btw

god give the guy a break man, not everyone has money at the moment , im sure if the roles were reversed he would help ... i agree that people should pay, but i also think thats alls fair in the piracy bussiness too

If you don't have the money then you don't try and do it lol.

Like buying a car but knowing you aint got the money to use it:rolleyes: