ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner pops and bangs - Cat back or decat?

BG 182
Alright guys,

I've got a scorpion RS192 cat back system and been thinking about ordering the RS tuner today...

Can someone confirm if I'd need a decat pipe fitted in order to use the pops and bangs map, Im guessing that i would need a decat, what sort of results would there be using on a catback system?

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Don't forget the burberry cap and tracksuit, these are essential to complete the setup.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Extra fuel on overrun i'd imagine, it'll be more in-depth than that of course!

ITB BG 182
Don't forget the burberry cap and tracksuit, these are essential to complete the setup.

Just because your a boring old man type person that likes a car to be quiet or have a nice 'purrr' does not make everyone else a chav because they like pops and bangs. I am by far not a chav yet I have mine mapped to spit flames some times.

retarded ignition and a very lean fuel mixture on overrun.
Does not have to be wee tard ignition or very lean, a tiny bit of change and it will pop. I had a decat with a centre silencer by-pass on a milltek exhaust system with no map'idge. That used to pop, burble and grumble all day long.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Just because your a boring old man type person that likes a car to be quiet or have a nice 'purrr' does not make everyone else a chav because they like pops and bangs. I am by far not a chav yet I have mine mapped to spit flames some times.
Hardly a 'boring old man' driving a bright red Clio with decals all over it! I just think if you car doesn't do it naturally (due to the tuning it's had) then leave it alone. If it happens as a by-product of tuning i'm perfectly happy with it.