ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner Worth the money ?

Im currently thinking of looking into the RS tuner upgrade, i've already got a decat and full k-tec system with a un-silenced centre, and i will be getting a piper x or ktec panel filter .

What i wanted to know is , what use is the 98 ron upgrade? I religiously run my car on super unleaded anyway so will the map help with this? Im not expecting 100 bhp obviously but what upgrades will i get over standard with these mods?

Also i like the idea of the launch control , i know people will say its gay etc but how would you go about this ? do you ask on ordering and can it be included in the 98 ron map ?

And last but not least how easy is it to do? ill be buying it new as i cant get my head around unlocking it and license's? Do you get everything eith the kit ? ie wiring to connect from laptop to a Vehicle module and to car? or are these extra?

Thanks in advance !
Dean

Yes 100% worth it
Driveability is a million times better
You won't see any bhp gain you may if you are lucky.
Launch control will break something
Its very very easy to do i put a guide in the guides section.(it won't make sense until you come to do it)

LY R26 #288
Hi Dean,

If you buy from new, you will get all the necessary hardware to use it.

The subject has been covered so many times but heres the benefits:

Better cold starts (no spluttering or jerking in the cold anymore)
Far better throttle response IMO
Smoother power curve
More mid range torque

The gains will be minimal but I'm sure there are gains to be had with it. The drivability of the car is so much better with this mod. Also you can view live data with the RStuner for diagnostics, aswell as read stored codes and clear them. It also has a built in performance analyzer. Its a great bit of kit.

Its very easy to do aswell once you get your head round it and read the instructions thoroughly.

Yes 100% worth it
Driveability is a million times better
You won't see any bhp gain you may if you are lucky.
Launch control will break something
Its very very easy to do i put a guide in the guides section.(it won't make sense until you come to do it)

Just read your guide very very useful ! Think after christmas its my upgrade ! looks like a worthy upgrade :D

Plus doing it myself means i dont have to inform the missus ;)

And the other question , if i was to buy the kit from fastchip , do i have to then pay for the map after ? because ive worked out the cost of the kit at approx £165 ! just want to know the full price ?

You get the 98RON map free if you buy new I think so thats your lot.

Awesome was going say at £165 without a map its a little steep , i admire the kit and functions but pointless without a map haha!!

Haha yeah just a bit. I'm thinking about getting one but not sure whether to buy new or 2nd hand. I want the overrunn map but its 49 euros.

Where abouts in Stoke are you mate? Im there quite a lot.

Yep the RStuner comes unlocked when bought new, you then send henk a screen shot of software and cal versions along with your order number and he will send the 98ron map.

FF Racing Blue 182
Yep the RStuner comes unlocked when bought new, you then send henk a screen shot of software and cal versions along with your order number and he will send the 98ron map.

screen shot of what and how do you do that my laptop has not seen the light of day in 2 years since i got a tablet......i would be stuffed if i bought one

Awesome ! thats what i wanted to hear :D thanks martin youve been a diamond , im going go for it after christmas get it all sorted im following your thread / guide so ill follow that and get it on there :D

Haha yeah just a bit. I'm thinking about getting one but not sure whether to buy new or 2nd hand. I want the overrunn map but its 49 euros.

Where abouts in Stoke are you mate? Im there quite a lot.

I hear once you buy a second hand unit then the licence its around the same as the new unit anyway , might aswell get a new unit then no fears of will it work / be abused battered etc

Im Newcastle way mate ! dont get too many on hear from around here ! :D

Titanium 182
On a serious note, I'd say it's the best value for money mod you can buy!

As everyone has already said, easily the best modification for the money. Smooths the powerband, better starting from cold, negligible increase in MPG and a stronger torque curve lower down the rev range (where once the 182 was so gutless). Not a radical change, but makes the car that little bit better :)

Mine only cost me the price of the unlock, too, as I already had the maps on file.

Looking....
I spent 3 weeks deciding if i should buy it or not. 3 weeks wasted! Get one, map the car, flog it and enjoy. For the cost of a tank of fuel its a no brainer on a standard car.

Flat Eric

Sing Hosanna!!
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Does it make sense to get one of these if you have exhaust, decat, induction kit etc? Or is it better to go get it mapped properly on a dyno?

Flat Eric

Sing Hosanna!!
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ye, I see what you mean. I'm going to look into this after Christmas anyway.

182 Cup
Hijacking with another question, I have a Rs Tuner that has a firmware model on it od enough that I'd have to send the box back to henk to update it.
Do I need to send it back before I ise it on the car, or will it work with the current firmware?
Cheers

Hijacking with another question, I have a Rs Tuner that has a firmware model on it od enough that I'd have to send the box back to henk to update it.
Do I need to send it back before I ise it on the car, or will it work with the current firmware?
Cheers

It should work with the current firmware, unlesss you are after the pops and bangs and the module doesn't support it withe the firmware thats on it now.. how come you are sending it back?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Cheers

If you do need to update the firmware, you can do it yourself. Download the correct update on the fastchip website and use RSTuner app to perform the update. I think there are certin things you have to be carefull of regarding the current version you have on there, but its all made quite clear on the update page iirc.

172 cup
Well worth it, done it on my old 172 and will be doing it on the cup as well. however just to add it think the new price is more like 180-185 with deliver etc iirc

172 + 350z
Tempted to get one but I love the 5k kick, can imagine it will be better if it is all smoothed out though

Flat Eric

Sing Hosanna!!
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ill have to buy one of these I think. Got a bonus yesterday. Well happy.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
YES !!! I spent ages trying to decide Best mod I have done Drives SOOOOOOO much better :approve:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
100% worth it. i was worried being an absolute clown at computers i would break something, three weeks later and the car lives on and drives so much better.