ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RSClio with 205 bhp....?

Nissan Pulsar N14 SSS
I've read in the RS news mag that the RS Clio 197 Cup has been tweeked to put out 205 bhp...

Does anyone know what RS have done to get that increase - one would think it would not be hard to do on a street 197.

Comments Dudes...:)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i dont know if its true or what they would change to get it, but 205bhp i would think is pretty easy.

its a revised version of the 172/182 engine, which gets to 200bhp with not to much hastle but you seem to hit a brick wall there and need to pile a load of money in for any decent gains after that

Nissan Pulsar N14 SSS
Martin_89 said:
i dont know if its true or what they would change to get it, but 205bhp i would think is pretty easy.

its a revised version of the 172/182 engine, which gets to 200bhp with not to much hastle but you seem to hit a brick wall there and need to pile a load of money in for any decent gains after that

Agreed - the diminishing return on investment equation thingy...

Tks.:)

BLK RSC172
do you think that they woulda alterd the bottom end a bit...
give it slightly better balancing, ported the head, and a bit more of a lumpy cam?

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
Im surprised Renault sport didnt give the RS clio 200bhp to start with, i mean why 197bhp? thats just awkward!

VaVa
No, It's actually 200PS. For some reason they have gone from using PS(172/182/255 etc) to using BHP (197). So it's actually cracked the 100PS/Litre barrier which is pretty impressive for an N/A engine.

Although whether any of them actually make 197 bhp is another matter. lol.

Last edited:

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Isn't the Cup racer enginer still the same as the road 197? Also the Cup uses a V6 airbox.

MINI JCW
Laingo said:
No, It's actually 200PS. For some reason they have gone from using PS(172/182/255 etc) to using BHP (197). So it's actually cracked the 100PS/Litre barrier which is pretty impressive for an N/A engine.

Although whether any of them actually make 197 bhp is another matter. lol.

No its not its 194bhp, Renault quote figures in hp (not BHP) which is the same as PS

gazcaddy said:
No its not its 194bhp, Renault quote figures in hp (not BHP) which is the same as PS

I think there's a more pressing issue, like it looking like a Micra and having some ghey rear difuser that will surely prompt laughter from the general public.

I say it's faster (just to be different :cool:)

ado said:
Isn't the Cup racer enginer still the same as the road 197? Also the Cup uses a V6 airbox.
Yep the old Cup race rwas just the same though as well same engine with exhaust and induction work.

100hp a liters not huge look at what Honda can do 120hp a liter the S2000 I think.

VaVa
gazcaddy said:

There's an interview in Evo with a renaultsport engineer who says they are very proud of this engine as it has broken the 100 PS/litre barrier. So suck me beautiful.

And PS = BHP DIN ;)

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Just heard from our contact @ renault sport that the new rally based 197 will put out 235 hp in the standard class. One would think that these gains should also be achieveable on the road without having to spend crazy money.

Doesn't this automatically imply that there will be an homologation special ( cup if you will ) of the 197? I can't imagine they will use the current version seeing it is way to heavy.

The 235 will be homologated in A7 as of 2007. We'll have to wait untill 2008 for the r3 one. ( new regulations for rallycars )

RSCLIO197 said:
I've read in the RS news mag that the RS Clio 197 Cup has been tweeked to put out 205 bhp...

Does anyone know what RS have done to get that increase - one would think it would not be hard to do on a street 197.

Comments Dudes...:)

The engine in the Cup is the same as the road car except for the use of the air box from the V6, a mechanical throttle valve, different engine and gearbox mounts and the intake cat removed (the main one remains) and a different ECU.

All Renault's power output figures are quoted as HP. This is exactly the same as PS and is used by all car manfacturers. Whilst none use the imperial BHP measurement, some quote the measurement as "BHP" whereas they actually are using the metric measurement.

E90
according to lots of owners on here i'm guessing a Zorst, and filter should be good for at least 25hp, not forgetting your LAD RR.

Ziel Nurburgring
Weeman said:
according to lots of owners on here i'm guessing a Zorst, and filter should be good for at least 25hp, not forgetting your LAD RR.

Vpower stickers lower the drag co-efficient too, using Maths (not many people are trained in Maths), the figure when calculused means you are actually running 227BPS-HP.

Or so Jonny Ball said.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
there definately will be a cup version, when i test drove the 197 the chap said that theyve been told a cup is on the way later this year.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
lol tell me about it, damn dirty deals thought I was getting 300 BHP when I got the 182.
:p :D Maybe I should of taken it LAD :D