ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RSR kit exhaust stainless steel plate

Please help me guys - anyone who has a RSR rear bumber how the %£^* do you stop the exhause rattling of the metal plate and general mounting points. Its sooooo annoying. Did you bond it onto the bumper or screw it in place????

Get back....

I ahev the full RSR kit from Prima on my original 172. I had a complete ball ache trying to fit the rear bumber and exhaust assembly. Firslty yoy need to remove the rear bumper (RSR) which is dead easy. The rattling is more liekly to be the exhausts tapping the metal behind the outlets. I took off the bumber and undid that crap clamp that bolts the outlet peipe to the box. Then I flattened the metal lip that runs the complete length of the bumper behind where the outlets would be. Then I got another decent exhaust clamp from a kwik fit and tightly clamped the oultet pipe back on to the box. I then realighned the outlets inside the bumber wholes before tightening the whole lot up. There was no more knowing. And it sounds awesome. Tim

Hi tim!!

Bit confysed still!! When u refer to box do u mean the back box part of the rsr exhaust, or something else! And the metal lip that runs the full length of the bumper? Whats that? And where exactly are the clamps u got from quik fit used. My rsr exhaust has a back box with another pipe coming from it which turns 90 degrees and links into the outlet pipes box (the bit that sits behind the metal plate. Theres nothing that can be taken apart on the exhaust except the metal plate and clamp that bolts the right side of the outlet pipes to the original connection on the car (to the right of the fule tank) !! Sorry mate still confused. Nice to meet another Tim with an RSR kit. Ive just got the fogs and mounting pods from a V6 yesterday to fit into the front bumper of my kit. When I got the kit it only had recesses in the front bumper - no fogs or spaces for them so I thought Id get as close to the V6 look as possible. Theres a guy in England Im in touch with at the minute whos just finished a fukll on identical replica V6 kit - I mean its identical!!!!!

Tim,

Id be interested to know where u got the KLOggic traction control system. from and if I could fit one to my !600 16V??? Its got 150 BHP and Im fitting a nitreous system to bring it up over 220BHP! Can u give me the details to order this system??? Cheers, tim (too)

In answe to the Traction control question, the company is Racelogic and they can be contacted as www.racelogic.co.uk. On the second point about the exhaust. When i first had it fitted i burnt a whole in my bumber because it was not fitted properly. Prima who supplied the kit said that there was a metal lip running the length of the backbmper. If you take your backbumper off you will see it sat behind the outlets of the pipe that connects to the back box (square black thing hanging under the boot. The lip is like a join or something that isnt finsihed properly. If you move the pipe back and forth and listen you will here that tapping sound (very annoying) Simply remove the outlet pipe the one shaped like U_____U (Crude) then flatten this lip. You want to make sure that the outlet pipe is firmly all the way around the backbox outlet pipe. If you get a standard exhaust clamp from kwickfit, use the one that came with your kit as a guide, and clamp the thing together bloody tight. With the metal lip flattened and the new clamp holding it togther you should not get any tapping. PS sorry about my spelling. I type what comes out of my head, rarely makes sense!!

Also maka sure that the backbox is tightly clamped onto the original centre section. When I investigated mine it was only just on. Getting the postion of that back box is important for the psotion of the tale pipes. Cheers Tim O

The traction control has 4 point adjustment and launch control. The most agressive setting is Wet which doesnt allow any wheelspin really. In the wet I can just floor the accelerator and the computer calulates how much power should be put down. I have been behind Imprezas in the wet and once rolling it is quite amusing. The rest of the buttons allow for 5, 10 and 20 % wheelspin, that is a percentage of the wheels spinning freely. 10 or 15% is what I usually use in the dry. The launch button has two settings one dry one wet. This allows a secondry rev limit. For example I press launch and floor it, trhe revs lock at whatever I have set it to say 5000 rpm, and then i dump the clutch (or slip, well sometimes) and then the computer calcualtes how much power should be put down. Done. Tim O.

Tim,
thanks again but the only thing my exhaust pipes are rattling of is the metal plate with the two holes cut in it!! I cant seem to get the exhaust to stay firm at all - it always moves!!