ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RSTuner review

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
Finally got mine. I backed up the current superchips cal file as the first thing. Tomorrow I will reflash the ECU with the fastchip's cal file. Any other CB0M RStuner user in the forum?

My car is a little loaded, Henk told me that he is going to tweak his current GrpN file so as to unleash some more power with the mods on the car. Will post the results later. Pics very soon.

Mod list

Colombo Bariani Cams
Hill Power Silicone Inlet
K-tec 63 mm silenced de-cat
K-tec stealth 63 mm centre section
Remus backbox ClioRS specific
ITG panel
All ports matched and polished inc. plenham and inlet mani.

Happy New Year to All

Was the car not mapped originally for the Cams? I thought whenever you have cams changed you need an initial reprogramme. May be wrong though

Do you know what thats pushing out?

Happy new year to you too

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
Hi All

What a massive difference even at the first trial.

Superchips 41 km/h 2013 rpm - 159 km/h 7567 rpm in 3rd ----- 15.6 sec

Fastchip 41 km/h 2019 rpm - 158 km/h 7447 rpm in 3rd ----- 14.6 sec

Perfect support from Henk and very promising results.

superchiptt4.jpg

Superchip

fastchipjz7.jpg

Fastchip

Typical RSTuner readout

overallqp0.jpg

RS RIP
i can see your airtemp is on the high side ; but you're from Turkey are'nt you :cool: ?

ahhh the nice and mild winters there, lovely

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
i can see your airtemp is on the high side ; but you're from Turkey are'nt you :cool: ?

ahhh the nice and mild winters there, lovely

yep from Turkey, outside temperature was 6 C. That 25 C was the temp inside the manifold.

RSC 172
Hi mate - great to see another RSTuner user. I am in Aust. Good results which is pleasing. Can you e-mail your data logs for the superchips and the fastchip .cal to me as I love to have a ponder over the results. We have very high temps here at present with manifold temps approaching 50 degrees as outside it is 38-41 deg ambient :) Henks maps work well in these environments too. I have a CB15 and is basically stock.

How did you measure time? From the base graph scale?

E-mail - jtmase@adam.com.au

Cheers,

Mase

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
Hi mate - great to see another RSTuner user. I am in Aust. Good results which is pleasing. Can you e-mail your data logs for the superchips and the fastchip .cal to me as I love to have a ponder over the results. We have very high temps here at present with manifold temps approaching 50 degrees as outside it is 38-41 deg ambient :) Henks maps work well in these environments too. I have a CB15 and is basically stock.

Cheers,

Mase

Hi There,

Sorry mate I am not going to share any of the .cal files with nobody, since this is all Henk's brain-work. I give full respect to his effort on developing .cal files.

Let me try to answer your questions

Basically, there is a lot going on with the software at the moment, it is constantly evolving, in the next version there will be very nice add-ons to the software. I am sure Henk will announce all the new improvements on this forum.

1.41 RS tuner software has two cursors which enables you to see the time values during the test.

Hope this helps

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
With this fully custom new calibration file car pulls unbelievably hard.

Henk can basically adjust anything, with the superchip's generic .cal file KC was very high. With this new FASTCHIP .cal file KC never exceeds 1.125 which is very good.

So basically this is probably the most efficient money I have spent on my car. I strongly suggest RSTUNER. Now I have the flexibilty of adjusting everything on the map. By this product your factory deafult ECU becomes fully programmable and you still have the advantage of using original ECU. We all know that once you get a standalone system, you will certainly loose some of the nice features of the car such as cruise and etc.

I will post some more results soon.

Last edited:
  RSC 172

Cheers,

Mase

Hi There,

Sorry mate I am not going to share any of the .cal files with nobody, since this is all Henk's brain-work. I give full respect to his effort on developing .cal files.

Let me try to answer your questions

Basically, there is a lot going on with the software at the moment, it is constantly evolving, in the next version there will be very nice add-ons to the software. I am sure Henk will announce all the new improvements on this forum.

1.41 RS tuner software has two cursors which enables you to see the time values during the test.

Hope this helps

Hi, sorry I must have confused the situation :) I was after your data log files ;-) to peruse and not the calibration files..and I totally agree with you re the .cal files. I am currently running a specific .cal for Aust that we have generated through a bit of trial and error. I have a very good relationship with Henk and we speak (e-mail) daily. I was just curious to scroll through the data log of the screen grabs above and see what the advance timings were and fueling etc with your wee beasty and compare it to my logs. They look full on! Harmless exercise. Hell if I loaded your .cal my RSC would explode!! This is all part of the RSTuner community in that we can share data logs to explore the results with the different tunes on the different set ups. Tell you what I'll do you a trade :) but mine are very tame compared to yours :)

Check with Henk if you are concerned..tell him it's Jamie from Aust.

Can't wait for the performance tab and associated revisions of the software. Henk will swing the Beta 1.5 my way as soon as it's available for testing.

Cheers - hope I didn't spook anyone.

Mase

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
Hi Jamie,

I am going to send you my email address, we will keep in touch then. Hope you are using MSN.

I am the ''fellow'' whose car got 4.45 KC with superchips .cal file. Quote from ozrenaultsport.

More, check your email :)

RSC 172
Great to chat Alper :) Good to see you're perusing OZrs.

Cheerio for now,

Mase

Last edited:
  RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
Hi again,

Here is the very first appearance of the performance analyzer output of the RStuner. The only thing you need to do is type in the weight of the car including driver + fuel and etc. Pedal to the metal then It reads the data from the ECU and plots the power curve.

Henk has just emailed me the third revision of the map which is customized to my car, the results are astonishing. He also increased the idle rpm to 960.

Figures are at the wheel by the way.

pane5.jpg

Last edited: