ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RSTuner "Unrecognised VIN Number"

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
I finally got my OBD Port wired in to the MK1:

OBD Pins -> ECU Pins
Pin 7 Pin 56
Pin 15 Pin 26
Pin 16 to Ign Live
Pin 4 to earth

I went to connect the RSTuner to my ecu and it came back saying the VIN was unrecognised, its brand new and have only had it since Wednesday/Friday so its all updated to the latest softwares.

rstuner_zps762d62ae.jpg

Any ideas guys???

Cheers

Craig

Edit: forgot to mention if I select "force legislated mode" then it says connected to the ecu but it wont display any info and the live data stuff doesnt work.

BMW M135i
VIN number is pulled from the airbag computer on a mk2 which you obviously won't have hence the error. I assume (perhaps incorrectly) that there is a way around this.

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
I have emailed Henk, but I was wondering if it was a quick fix or not :/ so basically its because I havent got the airbag module is what you guys are saying?

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
All sorted, Henk is a total legend.

Basically all my bad, I didnt relise I had to unlock the RSTuner before it would connect to my car - seems kind of obvious now haha.

Anyway thanks Henk - definitely would recommend buying brand new for the support alone! Although it is actually cheaper to go brand new as well!