ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RSTuning live mapping with the new RR?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Will you be dabbling in full live mapping when the rollers arrive Paul?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Doubt it. Fine tuning maybe...But i remember him sayin he had a reason for not live mapping.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Not going to be emulating as it is sooooo time consuming and the difference in performance is minor. I will of course run the car up and use all the data to perfect the map :)

I'd agree, having tried all the options, live tuning isnt all its cracked up to be.

Its quicker to adj the map, run the car up on an accel program, datalog and adj the maps accordingly.

Emulation requires your ECU to be ripped apart on the spot and the end result is no diff.

williams and trophy
hmmmm so why do chip wizards live mapped cars seem to get better figures, and are actually faster on the road, than none live mapped cars from other tuners??

williams and trophy
dont see anyone else laughing ;)

im surprised none of the tuning comapanies have visited him tbh , and taken a copy of his map and deemed it as their own.......or have they?? ;)

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
hmmmm so why do chip wizards live mapped cars seem to get better figures, and are actually faster on the road, than none live mapped cars from other tuners??

So that applies to all tuners?

Ok Then!

If we are counting horses i got 202 from a standard 182, do i believe that figure? No!

williams and trophy

So that applies to all tuners?

Ok Then!

If we are counting horses i got 202 from a standard 182, do i believe that figure? No!

the figures i was on about are actually 0-60 times, 1/4 times etc.

lol

iv already stated my thoughts on another thread on the bhp readings of r/r s

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Anyway, from your point of copying the maps created by "the live mapper"

No thanks

dont see anyone else laughing ;)

im surprised none of the tuning comapanies have visited him tbh , and taken a copy of his map and deemed it as their own.......or have they?? ;)

Thats because were leaving it alone.

You remember i went to Wayne last year jon?

205bhp on his rollers on a 182, very very nice chap and most helpful.

williams and trophy
yes i remember you went to wayne last year. im also told u learnt quite a bit from ur short time with him.

his results on the road kinda speak for themselves. r/r figures, as stated countless times before are to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Yea, learnt a fair bit about the live mapping setup on the new clios and about winols as i'd never, and still havent used it......its too complex for me and not something i need to start learning. Did actually shock me a bit to see him ripping apart the ECU on the sport, and i thought he would loose all the chips in the mess that is his electronics bench lol.

His results on the road certainly do speak for itself.

Civic Type R EK9
On my stock 182 what sort of gains will i expect to see in hp and torque?

And will it be noticeable and is it worth raising limiter?

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
On a totally stock 182 you are looking at approx 10hp and 12lbft, every car i have done has made a good difference on the road, as for the limiter. Only if you want to stay in gear a bit longer for track use etc. there is no extra power to be had from doing this

Paul

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
The stock internals are tested for 8k i think so 7650 is a safe limit. There is of course extra stress at higher RPM

Paul

renault say constant use above 7200rpm will fail it, but to visit higher rpm every so often is fine, its just the track boys that will destroy a piston by sitting on the limiter all day.

There is no power up there anyway.

Have it moved up a notch less chance of hitting the redline!

1st and 2nd just go too quick when you give it some, ive never redlined it yet , but come close !

So i had it moved up to 7650, just give's you a touch more space, changing above 7000 is a totel waste!

leon

Renaultsport 220T

1st and 2nd just go too quick when you give it some, ive never redlined it yet , but come close !

So i had it moved up to 7650, just give's you a touch more space, changing above 7000 is a totel waste!

leon

11.bmp

:)

172Petey

leon

11.bmp

:)

FPMSL :lolup:

Everything in moderation for a road going everyday car IMO.