ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rubbing @ M'way speeds.

UR R26
Right i've had my car 3 weeks and its not happened before. I was travelling up to trax today and on the way up i was getting a whistling sound, which sounded like it was from below the gearbox. This was happening when i was easing off the accelerator.

On the way home, i began to get a little more worried. The whistling stopped and it was replaced with knocking, which sounded exactly like a hollow noise coming from the passenger front wheel and it was sounding in revolutions.

Now as i accelerate its ok, but when i ease off say from 80mph to 70mph i get this really hollow noise.

Its due to get checked out this week, just want something to go by which can help the process.

Cheers.

Pretty sure this sounds like the problem i had. I had massive play on my track rod ball joints, so had them replaced and bingo problem sorted. Only noticed it at motorway speeds like you say and when you back of the accelerator. Check them out (y)