ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running 421-438 catcams in a high mileage standard engine.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
OK, going to throw a spanner in the works now, at what point is it not good to add cams to an engine? Mines just hit 93K and was thinking of cambelts done at 100k with cams too.

if you want it done, then at some point a top end rebuild is likely to be needed. You may aswell go for it, take a chance but bear in mind if it starts using oil you need more work doing. You might get away with it for a year or even more.

ITB BG 182
if you want it done, then at some point a top end rebuild is likely to be needed. You may aswell go for it, take a chance but bear in mind if it starts using oil you need more work doing. You might get away with it for a year or even more.

And whats a top end rebuild going to cost?

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
I leave that to the machinist I use mate, he is very good at sourcing stuff like that.

Can you pm me some details please Chip. :)

Just reading through some old threads, are the oem items colsibro? Anyone have part refs for the oem items as my local stealers reckon they're not on the database to buy separately?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I believe they are mate yes, they sure as hell aren't iron like some engines and I doubt they are straight bronze.

​Renault probably only list the complete head!

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
​Renault probably only list the complete head!

He did suggest that - £1090 think it was. I lol'd.

Also lol'd when I heard the guy from the workshop in the background saying I'd need a new engine...

:lolup: