ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running a wire from engine bay

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I have a gauge that runs off the intake and looking at threads it seems most use the bonnet release grommet behind the glove box, ive tried to feed the tube through it with a bit of washing up liquid but it just gets stuck and the space in the1.4 bay makes it fiddley to get to. Anybody got any ideas or better, another place to feed it through :) Also, how long does it normally take for membership cards to arrive :)

it's usually the firewall that stops it; What ya need to do is unclip the power steering fluid bottle and move it out the way, peel back the firwall so you can see the grommet from the engine side, then fron the inside use an old coat hanger or like I sid just some strong rigid earth cable or the like to feed through and tape the cable you want to go through to it then just feed it all through until you spot it from the engine bay then carefully pull through. Hope that helps fella. Not sure on the membership, mine came through within a week...