ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

running diesal on veg oil

am i right in thinking you can just pour it straight in, and thats it? think ill run it at 50% is that better?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I have the same engine and cannot find an answer! lol.

I used to run my 306d and my clio 1.9d on a 50/50 mix no probs. s

2005 Nissan Navara
50/50 is ideal especially in summer, but you really want to know what pump type it is, as some will fail after a while.

cheaper just to run it on red tbh...

2002 Cup172
in theory if done corectly you can run a deisel purely on cooking oil.

firstly it has to be USED cooking oil not asda's bargain stuff straight out the bottle, and you should process it properly too. (a bit like fermenting beer)

i wont go into detail but if your gonna do it read up as much as you can or you will fork your engine.

it basically involves taking old used cooking oil (get to your nearest chippy/ resterant/ take away) and re refining it using a small amount of white spirit and a series of fine screens (remove cooked chips and scampi)
and after a short time you end up with biodeisel. which is basically fermented grease and grime and the white spirit is the to help it combust and vapourise.

if ya gonna do it buy yourself a biodeisel maker they look funky.

I run my 106 1.5d tud5 straight on fresh or svo rapeseed oil. No processing or anything. The pumps bocsh so im ok. Also cars that run on veg are usually quiter than running on diesel. Also need to check for things in ur car e.g. My 106 has a standard heated fuel filter so in summer i run my stuff 100% on fresh vegi oil. In winter its harder to start on 100% but usually put in a little petrol to thin it, ive heard acetone works also. Plus it drives better on veg you lose torque but it pulls higher like a petrol. its werid.

Biodiesel is the sensible way to go but i dont want to spend more money on a machine than what my car is worth. Most processers first start by removing the first big gunk and bits. Then titration then removing the gycline i think. Then it gets some stuff put in and is washed with water or drywashed. Check journeytoinfinty for more as im quite rusty on the stuff now.