ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running hot

Having problems whith my 2 litre conversion (F7R). It runs good when driven normaly on the road. But everytime I go to the track I breake a headgasket. I have used new bolts and machined the head so that is even.

The engine temp gets too high at the track. I am starting to lose all faith of taking the car to the track...

Eny ideas?

Hi Ben!:)

I dont know the exact temp. But it almost peaks the gauge. Havent realy checked that much. But I think circulation of the wather is OK. I am wondering about the "auxcilerary pump" how important is that?

BMW 320d Sport

And put in a front mounted oil cooler with a built-in oilstat as well. Thatll knock at least 20 degrees off your track oil temps and keep it dead level as well. Or at least in a range of 90-100 in normal driving and 90-110 on the track. I see coolant temps at least 1/5 lower than before just from the oil being cooler.

the 2litre megane block hasnt got an oil cooler as standard like the "proper" f7 engines i dont think. that could be one of your problems.

jimbo

BMW 320d Sport

Good call Jimbo. I didnt realise that about the Megane F7R. I know not all the F7s had the oil cooler (really just an extension of the normal coolant path to take heat away from the oil circuit, not a separate cooler). I cant remember whether it was the early ones that DID or the early ones that DIDNT?

My Megane F7R had the "oilcooler". Do you remove this when fitting an front mounted oil cooler?

Thanks for all the tips, I will get the credit card out and get a new radiator and externail oil cooler :D