ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running In!!!

Oh My God! I picked up my new 172 at about 2pm this afternoon and how the f*ck do people run these in? It just begs me to give it some!

I must admit, I really do wanna run it in properly and all that but I didnt think it would be this hard!

Ive booted it a few times and the engine sounds sweet when it hits 4k then past 5k its just growls at me to give it some more! Im trying so hard not to do this but its so tempting to just give in to its demands!

Anyway, I dont want opinions on running it in etc, there is already enough posts on here about that! I just want to hear whether you found it hard to stick to the running in without booting it every other traffic light!

Boyo :)

Ps. I got EVERYTHING I should have with my new car, it looks amazing because its been supaguarded and im so happy at the moment! Its the best £11.5k ive spent!

Didnt have that many problems sticking to running it in, thought it was gunna be a problem but wasnt too much hastle, just wasted bout £50 of fuel not going anywhere just driving round!

Hold back itll be worth it when you get to finally open her up!

E36 323i coupe

Sorry, £11.5k for a brand new 172? How?

As for resisting temptation, I pick up my Cup on Friday and am going straight to Nottingham down the M62, M18, M1... Ill let you know.

Friends and Family discount mate, amazing car for £11.5k!

Im gonna try and stick to it because I know itll be worth it, it was just all the excitement and the pure raw power hehe!

I cant believe you have had to wait this long Jon1978!! Its 6weeks tomorrow since I ordered mine?!

Trust me, itll be worth the wait!!

Boyo

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Boyo on 29 October 2003

Anyway, I dont want opinions on running it in etc, there is already enough posts on here about that! I just want to hear whether you found it hard to stick to the running in without booting it every other traffic light!
Didnt have a problem taking it easy...

Ive had several quick cars, so waiting a few days to bang some gentle miles on it was not difficult and well worth it IMO.

Can understand how tempting it is if youve moved up to a 172 or Cup from a slower car, that is like waving a red rag at a bull.

Well put it this way:

I drive a transit van all day at work and the last car I had was a Clio 1.2 Dynamique :oops: I think thats the problem im having of taking it easy!!!

I went for the FASTEST colour of course;) Iceburg Silver :devilish:

Ive had the car supaguarded too and it just looks amazing!

Boyo

Btw I cant get the smile off my face :oops: Might go for another spin hehe

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Boyo on 29 October 2003

I drive a transit van all day at work and the last car I had was a Clio 1.2 Dynamique :oops: I think thats the problem im having of taking it easy!!!
Ahhh... I can see the problem...

wQuote: Originally posted by Pete_172 on 30 October 2003

Who told you that? They lied! Black is the fastest!

I had a black clio before this and I wasnt too impressed with its performance!! Was only a 1.2 dynamique though!

Also the black was a pain in the arse for keeping clean, it wasnt worth washing it in the end as itd be dirty if I drove around the block!

Boyo

dear boyo

you called me an old woman for running mine in. your answer was to rag it. a bit differant when the boot is on the other foot.:)

hope you have the same fun with the car as i am having. silver is the fastest.

cheers paul

Quote: Originally posted by paulk on 30 October 2003

dear boyo

you called me an old woman for running mine in. your answer was to rag it. a bit differant when the boot is on the other foot.:)

hope you have the same fun with the car as i am having. silver is the fastest.

cheers paul

Erm :oops:

hehe! Im having so much fun, the car is amazing! You are an old woman if you havent unleashed the power a couple of times ..... to see what it can do and what it sounds like;)! Hehe!

Im currently off work at the moment ........ long story BUT it means I get to play with my new car :D

Boyo

i did not drive at 30mph for 2 weeks. i did rag it when showing the car to my mates, had it upto 120mph on the a1 the first night. but then took things a little slower. stilled ragged it.

Quote: Originally posted by paulk on 30 October 2003

i did not drive at 30mph for 2 weeks. i did rag it when showing the car to my mates, had it upto 120mph on the a1 the first night. but then took things a little slower. stilled ragged it.

Good, thats all I wanted to hear! That its not just me that wants to run the car in but gets tempted to rag it :oops:

Im jealous that youve got yours run in now hehe:oops:

Right.... im gonna get a shower then its a day of driving for me! I dunno where to go yet, somewhere I can take it easy first hehe!

Thanx for the advice lads (and ladies) Im gonna try harder to run it in a bit first now, ive had a bit of fun in it so i know itll be worth it in a few weeks (days if i can help it!)

Boyo

Ziel Nurburgring

Changing the direction of the thread slightly, but does it matter if its motorway miles or street miles when running in?? Getting mine saturday and might just go for one fkuc off drive and get it over and done with....

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 30 October 2003

Changing the direction of the thread slightly, but does it matter if its motorway miles or street miles when running in??
Motorway miles are ok IF you dont sit at a constant speed for a long time, so try to vary the speed (revs) rather than just sitting at a constant 80mph for an hour...