ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running in

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Jonny Disco on 15 August 2003

Isnt the whole idea that the engine should have mineral oil in [until first service] so that it can be run in correctly? Modern fully synth oil causes virtually zero engine wear so it wont run in as it should?

Perhaps its all bollox and they want you to take a month to run it in before you notice its underpowered and reject it?
Nope...

They come with 10W40 semi-synthetic oil in from the factory and the first oil change is at 12k miles (or 2 years), then they continue to use the same oil for the rest of its life.

Quote: Originally posted by Lee M on 18 August 2003

You should never put stuff up that you dont want people to see ;)

Nah, Im not pissed off. The photos are part of my album hosted in riocar.org, a site dedicated to the greatest car stereo on earth. :D

A new 172 from renault was 14600 and they offered me 100 4 my car and 8 weeks wait (realy they coudnt be arsed dealing with me )

so i got an import unregistered (i am first on it and in uk) with 6 cd multicahnger and traction control and is it called eps or ebs ?

It was from cyprus and had 8 miles on clock and ready 4 collection in 1 week i payed 12000 for it including tax and admin fee

the alarm cost 300 and i didnt part x mine so i still saved a packet and no wait

renault say i have till 2006 on warranty go figure !

I got a saxo Vts for me 19th and didnt bother running it in, thrased the life out of it from 7 miles on the clock and sold it 2 years later 36000 miles and not one prob!..

Dont mention the wait, I ordered my 172 a couple of weeks aog and the dealer made a point of putting september 03 on the order form to make sure I got the new reg then rang a week ago and told me I have to wait until October! :(