ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running power from the battery

Renault Clio 1,4 S
I just got a Clio 1.4 from 94 to replace my trusty old VW Golf 2.
And im moving my stereo system to the Clio, but i haven encountered a problem.

I can't seem to find a good place to get the powercable for the amplifier through the "enginewall" (don't know what it's called in english). The piece of metal separating the engine from the car :D .

It was really easy on my old golf, but this newer car, is really giving me trouble.
Are there any good existing cable mounts where a powercable would go throuh?

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
If you remove the wipers and the black plastic panel underneath them you will see just behind the washer bottle, a large rubber cover with a 10mm bolt on the end.
The other side exits into the car up behind the glove box.
You can feed your cable through the cover once you remove the insulation and sealing tape, then through the rubber grommet in front of the washer bottle.
You must put a fuse in the cable at the battery end, so the plastic wiring box next to the battery is an ideal place to locate this. Don’t forget to seal up the rubber cover before you refit the cover and wipers, or you could get water in the car.
Also keep all wiring away from the wiper arms.
DISCONECT THE NEG TERMINAL OF THE BATTERY BEFORE YOU START WORK ON THIS. IF THE WIPERS WERE TO OPERATE WHEN YOUR WORKING UNDER THIS PANEL, YOUD BE PICKING YOUR NOSE WITH YOUR TOES.

Renault Clio 1,4 S
Okay. But the washer bottle is in the left side of the car and the glove box is in the right. But as long as im able to get the wire through i should be able to get it out from behind the dashboard. Thank you very much.

Good hint about how to avoid getting my arm cut off, thx.

My powercable already got a waterproof fuse 8 cm from the battery, as it was installed in a similiar way in my old Golf 2.

Again thank you. I was having a really hard time figuring out where to put that damn cable through.

Renault Clio 1,4 S
I just checked my car, and it appears there are actually a cover in the right side and the cable apperas to go out behind the glove box. Really easy actually, i only have to remove the "jack lift" and i should have plenty room to work. The washers bottle are as i said, in the opposite site.

You totally saved my day :)

Renault Clio 1,4 S
Uhm im not sure what you mean by model? It's a Clio 1,4 S from 94, i don't know if you are thinking about the car model number or what it's called? (the one on a metal plate on the engine?)

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Thanks, Thats fine, I was just making a note for future reference, on the location of the washer bottle on various cars. Cheers.