ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running the live wire from the battery to the rear of the car

Megane Cabriolet D+
Only recently bought the car and i have a ice install from my previous one that im wanting to put into my car, but ive been looking under the bonnet of the clio and cant seem to find a gap or a hole anywhere in the bulkhead to run the wire from the battery to the boot of my car.

Help!!

Megane Cabriolet D+
Sorry for not using the search guys, will do next time!

If i disconnect the battery will it affect the digiclock, trip meter etc?

Bit of a daft question i spose but this is the first car ive owned that has a digital mileage etc.

R35 GTR

Bit of a daft question i spose but this is the first car ive owned that has a digital mileage etc.

will only affect the stereo if its standard. overall mileage wont change, but it will reset the counters.

Megane Cabriolet D+
ok cheers, i guessed it would reset the clock, radio etc but i wasnt sure about the mileage count.

The standard cd player doesnt have pre outs on the back does it?

Megane Cabriolet D+
Could you elaborate on that? im not that technically minded and to me the only real difference in the wires behind the head unit are the colours?

is there a guide on the forum about this?

If i can get away with it id like to keeo the standard stereo in so i still get to keep the display and the steering coloum controls

Megane Cabriolet D+
So id be best off replacing the head unit all together? dont really want to loose speakers.

cheers guys

Megane Cabriolet D+
Thinking about it, yea it would be the best option, will have a play later on see if i can find this hole to run the wire through, but the weather outside isnt too pleasant!

Thanks again

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2

If you go to an electronics parts store and get a 9V battery and a snap-on connector to go on it and couple of alligator clips and connect it all up so the 9V battery is connected and supplies a trickle current when you disconnect the car's battery you shouldn't lose the trip meter counters or the radio code.

Last edited:
  Megane Cabriolet D+
An update on this guys, ive managed to run the live through the bulk head this last weekend, what a pain of a job it was....

Ive managed to get my sub & amp working in the boot.

How have you guys made sure that it doesnt move about in the rear whilst your driving, i cant screw it into the floor as it sits right where the spare is, and the rear seats i cant seem to get a good fixing.

theres a bolt just below the rear lights,one either side and then it can be bolted to them,they are already earthing the rear lights so just follow that back from the rear lights