ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rust on brake disc....

Fiesta ST

havent drove my car in about a week and today descovered a flat!!:mad: they are 18s with low profile tyres so didnt really notice!! The problem wasnt that it was the rust which i noticed on the brake disc and caliper! my wheels are 5 spoke so the weather can get at them....is this somethin to worry about or what???

oh yea ive put a 15" wheel on the front and the other 3 are 18"...will i be ok drivin like that just to the garage :confused:

don think the rust is a prob mate - someone told me it was simply because i hadnt taken th car out for a good drive recently.

think its because its been rested up for a while.

i think????

All you do is drive down a quite road and slam on your brakes and it should be gone off the disc. *make sure its not on an icy road!!!* or you can use some fine grade sandpaper and do it yourself.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Well I wouldnt go slamming the brakes on, just drive at 30mph or something and gently apply then take off then apply a few times, that will scrub off the rust.. its normall to get it on the brake disk if left for a while, the brake caliper may be a problem if left for long periods, best get em cleaned and painted just to be safe.