ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RyG's RB182.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
What speaker failed? Fairly sure I found two in a carrier bag yesterday, welcome to them.

Cheers mate, but somehow I have managed to accumulate 5 Clio speakers haha. I thought I migt have one buried in the garage, but I just kept finding them.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Booked in with Engine Dynamics for a Cambelt, Aux Belt, Dephaser and Waterpump change.

Going to clean and seal the new 182 alloys this week and fit them at the weekend, then its tracking and balancing.

I think I may have an engine mount issue, not sure. When the car is on, but stationary, it feels like its rocking forward and back on its own. I assume the engine may be wobbling with a dodgey mount?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Get a kangoo mount as its the same fitment, slightly firmer (apparently) and half the price.

Fuel rail guard nut is 10mm.

Oil change is a price of piss Ry. You can actually undo the filter without removing the fuel rail guard. Jack up, remove sump plug, (you will need a 8 square socket, halfords sell them) and drain old oil, twist off old filter - flat screwdriver for a lever if it's tight. Once all drained clean up the old oil on the engine and refit sump plug with new washer, refit new filter with new oil round the seal, do up just over hand tight then new oil in. Should take 6 litres.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Get a kangoo mount as its the same fitment, slightly firmer (apparently) and half the price.

Fuel rail guard nut is 10mm.

Oil change is a price of piss Ry. You can actually undo the filter without removing the fuel rail guard. Jack up, remove sump plug, (you will need a 8 square socket, halfords sell them) and drain old oil, twist off old filter - flat screwdriver for a lever if it's tight. Once all drained clean up the old oil on the engine and refit sump plug with new washer, refit new filter with new oil round the seal, do up just over hand tight then new oil in. Should take 6 litres.

Part of the plan for this car was to teach myself/learn a little more about how to work on cars, as I'm not very knowledgeable at present. So I want to replace quite a bit for new/refreshed parts to make the car drive like new and learn in the process.

How easy/difficult is it to replace an engine mount? Do you need to keep the engine still on a crane or anything silly, or does it just sit there and you can replace the mount easily? (I'm not even sure where the mount is). I also assume by there being a top mount, there would be a bottom mount also?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
It's easy mate, you need to put a bit of wood on the jack and lift the engine up a little on the sump.

When you've got the car on stands to do the oil change.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
There's only 1 engine mount, the upper one you can see from under the bonnet.

There's 2 on the gearbox side, only the upper you need to change which is under the battery.
The lower gearbox mount only supports the gearbox.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Cheers Scott.

I'm going to call Renault later as I have a few little parts I need. I'll get prices for the 3 mounts whilst I'm there - though I may buy aftermarket, will have a read of some reviews.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
If your future plan's are to track the car then I'd would consider the uprated mounts.

I had them on the PH1 and I loved them, I had the yellow dog bone bushes and it was fine.

It was only harsh when I changed the dog bone bushes to the powerflex black.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
If your future plan's are to track the car then I'd would consider the uprated mounts.

I had them on the PH1 and I loved them, I had the yellow dog bone bushes and it was fine.

It was only harsh when I changed the dog bone bushes to the powerflex black.

Ok cool, thanks. Something to consider. I have read that the K-Tec ones for example create a lot of vibration though, and I want to change mine to see if I can reduce some vibration/rocking. I'll have a look into price difference I think! (Have to tackle my oil change before everything though haha).

I won't be spending more money this month anyway, as I have all my belts being done. Next month though..

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Ohh so the fiesta did go then?
Interesting wee man, interesting.

Looks good too.

Yes the ST went on Friday. Picked this up Saturday as a little project car. Will be off the road when I finally buy my house (We're actually looking now!). Still waiting for you to arrange a night our in Glasgow, you bring the locals (and a translator) and I'll see if I can gather some Essex.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
More than happy to offer a hand if you ever need it or tools.

Best thing is to take your time if your unsure. The guides and info on here are great for stuff that you want to tackle yourself.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
More than happy to offer a hand if you ever need it or tools.

Best thing is to take your time if your unsure. The guides and info on here are great for stuff that you want to tackle yourself.

Cheers mate, appreciate it. Im sure I'll take you up on it at some point too.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
image.jpg
image.jpg

White side lights

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Btw I've got some silvervisions in my toolbox that I removed from my ph1 as I wanted the orange ones in. Yours for free if you want them as they are just sitting there. Pretty sure there Philips ones too.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
One thing I really dislike about Clio's are the inadiquate windscreen squirters.

I bought so,e replacement 'mist' ones. Now how do you remove the existing? Pull really hard?

@Dr Jekyll

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Are these bright at night? I bought some some months ago and they were so dull so put standard ones back in.. If so, possible link to where you got them from? Cars looking good, in need of a headlight refurb like mine [emoji4]

I'll have a look tonight and take a picture for you.

Yeah my headlights need a refurb really badly. I put silvervisions in after that, went to take a picture but you couldn't even see the bulb lol.

Clio 182 - RB
I'll have a look tonight and take a picture for you.

Yeah my headlights need a refurb really badly. I put silvervisions in after that, went to take a picture but you couldn't even see the bulb lol.
Cheers pal, i'm in same position, can hardly tell that silver visions are in due to headlights [emoji85]

Scattle

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan R35 GTR
Looks a nice RB mate, best colour for sure.
Don't suppose you were in Benfleet/Tarpots heading towards Sadlers Farm about 4.30pm yesterday?
Saw a similar car and there's not many around this way in that colour.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Looks a nice RB mate, best colour for sure.
Don't suppose you were in Benfleet/Tarpots heading towards Sadlers Farm about 4.30pm yesterday?
Saw a similar car and there's not many around this way in that colour.

I was indeed. Had just dropped my Mrs home who lives in Benfleet and was on the way back to Rayleigh. You should have waves/beeped/shouted/thrown something haha.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Tomorrow I fit my new alloys and tyres. Then I will get the tracking/balancing done.
I will also fit my silvervision side repeaters, and order a 3/4 front plate.
I have new white stripes in my basket in ebay. I will fit these at some point, along with my new style RS badge.

Weather dependant it will also get a good bloody wash tomorrow.

12th of September my car is getting:

Oil + Filter
Cambelt
Aux Belt
Dephaser Pulley
Water pump
Spark Plugs

Should drive like bloody new. (If you ignore the shagged engine mount).

I'm really indecisive on the engine mount front. I'm tempted to go for a new OEM part, do they really not last that long?
I'm worries an aftermarket one may be too solid (vibration).

RB Clio 182
I have the vibro engine and gbox mounts and the powerflex dogbone bushes and I can not really tell any more vibration at all in all honesty.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I have the vibro engine and gbox mounts and the powerflex dogbone bushes and I can not really tell any more vibration at all in all honesty.

Hmm. Some people seem to hate them, some seem to feel no bad effects at all. Odd!

Did you buy them new, or second hand?

RB Clio 182
Hmm. Some people seem to hate them, some seem to feel no bad effects at all. Odd!

Did you buy them new, or second hand?

The vibro ones were 2nd hand and the dog one new.

I cant move my engine a mm in the bay tho, its feels cemented in compared to before where it felt like I was pushing my boy on the swing.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
The dogbone will make no difference at at in vibration but a big difference in feel. It is a must do cheap mod and I'd recommend that one on any 1*2.

Solid ones feel awesome when on the power. Yeah they vibrate more but not overly excessive. The gearbox one is a bit fiddly, but the engine one is a piece of piss.

You could always buy the kangoo one I mentioned early and see how you get on. Cheap enough so if you want it stiffer it's not a huge loss.