ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

s4.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Anyway this isn't a m3 vs s4 thread so if that's what you want to do... Make ur own thread.

Past 6 years I have had fast cars that would happily kill me, 200sx and rx7, I wanted something fast and comfortable that handled well, the s4 does that for me, so does the m3 but for me the s4 is a 100000% nicer place to be.

The end, no need to carry on about how you think I'm wrong or how ur mate told you that an s4 is crap and you read they cost loads to run etc... I DON'T CARE

thankyou.

You can get all the chrome bits wrapped for about £50 in carbon wrap. My mate has had it done on his S4 rep and it looks slick.

Edit: I know it is, forgot how much of a scene ***** you are :) I wouldn't do something big like the wing mirrors maybe just do them black but the chrome edges do look good in carbon.

Last edited:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Scoot, please in the nicest way possible, please f**k off, you are trolling which I'm pretty sure is against the rules.

Marco, I think the whole carbon wrap is over done tbh, I might wrap it in back, but will see.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Lovely car, im sure i saw this on ebay a while back? Are they the correct wheels? Would love me a v8 audi!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Don't know about eBay mate, guy told me he just had it on autotrader... They are option wheels, the rs6 also could have them as an option :)

Who ever ordered it had it registered with the plate R44 MB0 or similar...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What about some Black on the Chrome mate of some kind? Personally I love the Chrome but Alice's cars need modding! :eek:

Don't listen to Scoot, he gets hormonal often.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
What about some Black on the Chrome mate of some kind? Personally I love the Chrome but Alice's cars need modding! :eek:

Don't listen to Scoot, he gets hormonal often.

like a black candy on the chrome?

tempted to plasti dip it can get a gloss coat now too but the black paint on the car is WEIRD! its a pearl but massively heavy pearl, like to the point it looks black some times, but it looks blue/green/purple/grey all the other times... i havent seen another audi in the same paint have had a couple people ask what colour it is as they cant work it out :-S

getting the milltek tips replaced tomorrow too MUST resist bozo pipes mainly cos it would look s**t lol! in seriousness i have seen a couple tips like this:

Conical-Stainless-Exhaust-tips-low.jpg

but on a slash cut, have the bottom of the slash in line with the bottom of the bumper so the top sticks out when looking from above... or i think he has some black tips... will have a look tomorrow :)

will post a pic of the horrendous milltek welding! how they can justify £700-£800 for this cat back i dont know!!! i was quoted 700 for a fully hand made tig welded cat back with cat bypass in high grade stainless or 1k for a full titanium cat back with bypass how they can even come close to 700 on a mig welded system i dont know!

320d
Really like it. So subtle. To the untrained eve it is just a standard A4 but in reality its 340bhp. Proper Q car.

Have to say, that interior is gorgeous.

Get some videos up of the exhaust once you've got it sorted :)

Plus, and this isnt a troll, keep a note of costs as you go by, as I would be genuinely interested. The B5 S4 is my next car (I can't afford to insure a B6 because the CC of the engine is so much higher, the premium is more than double) but in time, I would love a B6 :)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
How old are you mate? It's cheaper on the s4 than my rx7 lol had a quote of 351 quid fully comp lol!

Coats so far:
Replacement battery cover £6
replacement blind hook £2
cleaning stuff I already had...

Will keep u updated

How old are you mate? It's cheaper on the s4 than my rx7 lol had a quote of 351 quid fully comp lol!

I'm 22 mate.

B5 S4: £980 (next years renewal)
B6 S4: £2700
C5 RS6: £1500

Manchester postcode for you! Tbh, I like the idea of a Bi-Turbo V6 anyway! Very tuneable and the (apparent) expensive running costs for them, seems to be caused by labour. To change the turbos is a full engine out job, do it at home and it'll save you a small fortune!

In time I would love to move onto a B6/B7 so this thread is something I will watch closely :)

if it has a miltek why remove it ? fair play if you want to remove the centre boxes (it was an option to have them or not) and change the tips (changed ours but like the ones you have ) but if you remove the cats to you will hate how annoying it starts to become .

though each to their own

I also would be wary of making a car like this a bit too noisy in the exhaust department. Kinda goes against the grain.

S4 Avant
If I were looking at more noise, I'd be looking into electronic exhaust cut outs on the standard car. I believe driftworks have a V10 e46 M3 running a similar thing. Quiet when you want it, but loud as f*ck for those "Oh my god" moments.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I had the 2 resonators removed yesterday, nut didn't Change the tips, it does have a bit more noise now... But not much, sounds how it should of sounded from the factory :) would like a bit more but think it will ruin the car.

Will get some video at some point in the next few days :)

It doesn't set the world on fire but it's a wicked q car :)

Lovely. Dad had one. Heavy, not the quickest, but superb noise and very enjoyable to drive. Enjoy it buddy!

Really Really like these, so I'll be watching this closely!
As others have said, I'm kind of surprised you chose an Audi after the RX, but I guess there's only so much Jap a man can take!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I can't have too much jap I still work on jap cars when I can be bothered lol I still love jap cars but I wanted something a bit more comfortable, plus I couldn't find a verossa in the uk at the time lol, will be back in jap at some point, maybe a nsx or a 34gtr

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
got bored took pictures!

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0013-2.jpg

DSC_0055-1.jpg

loving every bit of it so far, had the centre "resonators" removed... added a bit of volume, not much, sounds better when booting it... im going to chop off the back boxes but so i can re install them when i get fed up, and put a straight through pipe in place so it will sound like these... on idle still quiet... but barks when you want it!

Last edited by a moderator:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i want the noise to make children cry when i want it, then when im doing a long drive i can have it quiet, just worked out a much easier way than removing the backboxes though lol!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
See that sounds s**t to me. Just like the one I was following in Bristol. Far too loud and not in keeping with the car IMO. Still each to their own.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Big fan of this mate, do like fast Audi's!

Not keen on the '4.2' badge though, the S4 one is enough for those who know!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
If you straight pipe the tail pipe it will be loud all the time.

No. Either have a sleeve fitting so I can put a straight through pipe on... Or get some stainless pipe that will slide in to the back box and bolt in place so effectively blocking off the back box making it straight through...

4.2 badge is coming off don't worry... Want wheels and tempted with air ride lol!!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
well 2 months have passed...

to all the people who said it would be s**t mpg, every day driving, mixed driving im averaging 27mpg, if i get bored and put my foot down yeh i get 10 and below if im trying hard, but for every day driving with a squirt of throttle here and there 27mpg is easy, if im careful best i saw over 50 miles was 32mpg.

been to Birmingham pretty much once a week since i have had it to go to driftworks, 105mile round trip, less than 1/4 tank of fuel gets used, did bournemouth and back via newbury the other week with over 300 miles and it cost £60

so yeh terrible fuel costs :rolleyes:

other costs since having it, i have bought a set of mats, which cost me £40, a generic usb vagcom cable which cost me £20. wanted to turn on window closure and mess with the settings on the DIS so i now have sat nav display on the dis in the middle of the clocks.

oh other thing i purchased was a new uprated snub mount, the stock one is made of sponge as far as i can tell and the uprated one is poly, made shifting much better. cost was £30 and i fitted it myself.

mot'd it last week went straight through with no advisories etc 6 months tax was 140 quid....

future costs, im gonna do an oil change next month also prob change the plugs around £100 for the lot, it needs 8-9L of oil!

nothing else needed, goes well, handles well for the size and the weight its massively comfortable, has every option possible on it and i love it to bits!

will keep it a year, then im going to look at getting a b7 rs4 or possibly a c6 rs6 depending on money.

although saying that if i could get a b7 rs4 front end and the b7 rs4 recaro full buckets i would contemplate supercharging the s4.

BG 182
Sounds awesome, I keep eyeing up 4.2 a6's due to the ridiculous cheap Cost of buying. But not sure the mpg figure would be as good as What you are seeing.

S4 Avant
Nice to see you're getting on with it! I made a guy an offer on an S4 I went to look at yesterday, hopefully he accepts!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Nice to see you're getting on with it! I made a guy an offer on an S4 I went to look at yesterday, hopefully he accepts!

b5/6/7?

the only thing i also want to do is stick a rnse in it but i want the led screen version lol, oh gotta get round to putting a rs4 arb on the rear too... give the car more oversteer, if i could be bothered to take the box off i would change the diff in to to give more proportion to the rear wheels... also i know its pointless but i want the rs4 starter button from the b7 lol!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
to all the people who said it would be s**t mpg, every day driving, mixed driving im averaging 27mpg, if i get bored and put my foot down yeh i get 10 and below if im trying hard, but for every day driving with a squirt of throttle here and there 27mpg is easy, if im careful best i saw over 50 miles was 32mpg.

Roughly the same as the R32 then, thats useful to know ...

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Christ thats no where near as bad as i thought it would be, i could afford to run that.

8-9 litres of oil FLOL!!! Thats mental!

full service every 20k is about 320 inc vat all in , brake discs on the front are pricey , and ours does more like 22mpg over 20k miles as i reset it when we have a service

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Oil filter is a weird one too, on top of the engine at the back is a cap you unscrew, then the filter comes out with the cap and its just a paper element

OldFilter.gif

supposedly once chipped they are better on fuel.

Im hopefully in the process of getting a rs4 gear knob.... Was reading up on the full recaro buckets last night and I'm looking at 1k for a pair... And it seems you either love them or fully hate them.... They are manual too.... Which after having electric seats would annoy me so I think I will prob stick with my silver napa recaro seats :)