ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

s4.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
just installed a RNS-e mark 2 unit from a a3 but did a a4 faceplate change (they never made the mark 2 unit for the b6/7 and the b8 wont fit) so you have to get a mark 1 unit face plate and put it on to the mark 2...

its a led lit screen, faster processor etc than the mark 1 and can take 2 32gb sdhc cards... plugged it in, coded it with vag com (still got a few bits to code) but its in and working im just waiting on the diversity connector i need but then its all done :) the sat nav is much better than the rnsd that was in there...

02C167B8-54C8-4A3F-A4FD-C39B5A3A7808-12029-00000D27652EC74E.jpg

massively happy

Malice , i think i have a lead , a tuner ,and aerials for tv setup that i don't need bought them to go on my 2005 Leon tdi , but never set them up , its a full loom that plugs in between the standard one in the back , i can find the model number if you fancy adding something else for a small amount of change .

We have an alpine system in our S4 so never bothered to retrofit the sat nav , as it has nav ,and a much much better hifi system , obviously .

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
is the tv tuner a digi tuner?? if you could find a pic of the part number on it, that would help, i just removed a tv tuner from mine as it was the non digi version lol.

i thought about going for an aftermarket system, but the rnse integrates so well, it shows track names and sat directions on the DIS inbetween the speedo and rev gauge :)

intergrated is spot on ..... ours had the alpine system fitted when new and a nice invoice for 3.5k back in 05 !!

nope the tuner will not be a digi one , so i guess its to the tip with it

S4 Avant
Nice! It's things like that, that I miss in the B5. Lack of steering wheel stereo controls is annoying.

How are you finding it compared to the RX7? Only real issue I've got is that it isn't as chuckable as the clio, not that it was every going to be.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
u can put the rnse in the b5... or the rnsd that i have for sale ;)

i dont have steering wheel controls either... something i will do in the future i would like a r8 or ttrs flat bottom wheel if i can get one but f**k spending a fortune on it like most people seem to want for them!

as for the comparison erm... its pretty far from the rx7 which is an amazing car for handling! the s4 is MUCH bigger and MUCH heavier than the rx7 but it handles really well for the size of it, uprated sway bar on the rear helped a lot! doesnt understeer it just grips like mad and when it does unstick it gives oversteer which is great fun as its a pretty long wheelbase so it slides well :)

im happy with the car, its fun and handles good for its size and still goes well :D

S4 Avant
u can put the rnse in the b5... or the rnsd that i have for sale ;)

i dont have steering wheel controls either... something i will do in the future i would like a r8 or ttrs flat bottom wheel if i can get one but f**k spending a fortune on it like most people seem to want for them!

as for the comparison erm... its pretty far from the rx7 which is an amazing car for handling! the s4 is MUCH bigger and MUCH heavier than the rx7 but it handles really well for the size of it, uprated sway bar on the rear helped a lot! doesnt understeer it just grips like mad and when it does unstick it gives oversteer which is great fun as its a pretty long wheelbase so it slides well :)

im happy with the car, its fun and handles good for its size and still goes well :D

Oh god... I'm trying to save for the cambelt. Taunting me with shiney pretty things will not end well.

I keep telling myself I'm not going to mess with this one. Since rebuilds and replacement turbos cost so much. Pointless throwing money at it only for the turbos to blow, and finding that I cant replace them because I spent everything on wheels and coilovers.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol a guy i know has just had his engine out on a b5, cam belt and new manifolds etc on in less than a day and back in lol...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I know it's filthy but its too cold to wash it lol... Anyway here is an exhaust noise vid will do a drive by at some point :)

just fitted a rs4 start button too:)

Last edited by a moderator:
i changed the tips on ours ...... took the milteks off and fitted something that looks standard , although ours looked straight at least

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I have some new tips, just not got round to fitting them yet, though I'm not a massive fan of the new ones... I would like some oval ones In black like the b7rs4 system milltek make but if I want those milltek won't supply them I have to go to them and have them fitted at a cost of 300 quid for 2 tips lol!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I know they bolt on, I said that to milltek,they said they want to make sure they are perfectly aligned! They are massively s**t lol!

and you can't change the rear valance on the saloon, only the cab lets you change them! Also massively gay lol!

I know they bolt on, I said that to milltek,they said they want to make sure they are perfectly aligned! They are massively s**t lol!

and you can't change the rear valance on the saloon, only the cab lets you change them! Also massively gay lol!

thats a s**t , as the valance plus ovals does look better , i seriously couldn't be arsed to be honest.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I'm still contemplating a b6 s4. Great value car at the moment for what you get.

If you get a good one yeh :) people will tell u they cost loads to run... I don't think they do, but I came from owning a 500bhp rx7 before...

If you get a good one yeh :) people will tell u they cost loads to run... I don't think they do, but I came from owning a 500bhp rx7 before...

and based on our 4 years and 40k miles i would agree they are not expensive to run (if you discount the fuel)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good. Any more pics? Front off set looks a little funny in that pic? Probably just the angle..

Whats the specs on the wheels?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
08452054-1ABC-41FE-99EE-6C2B88AB3626-10088-0000051D341AB32A.jpg

Only other pic I took,

specs are 19x9.5 et35 all round.

not reps, I'm not a pikey lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
To be honest it had just come of the jack and its 1.5" lower now lol, but I will be changing spring cups and lowering it a chunk :)

S4 Avant
To be honest it had just come of the jack and its 1.5" lower now lol, but I will be changing spring cups and lowering it a chunk :)

I've never understood the B5 spring cups thing?

Is it just the B6 owners wishing they'd bought B5s?